Obama's "church"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:23:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama's "church"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Obama's "church"  (Read 8321 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »

The more I hear about Obama's pastor and his associations with the pastor, the more upset I get.  Throughout this campaign I have moved from admiration of Obama because of his supposed bipartisanship and message of national unity, to disdain for the cult-like attitude of his supporters, and now to anger that the Democrat Party would nominate a man who clearly sympathizes with anti-American sentiments and evil and racist acts.

The Farrakkhan association, the "U.S. of KKK-A", the support of the 9/11 terrorist acts... all of this will come home to roost on Obama's doorstep.

To the Dems who think Obama is a better G.E. candidate... look at how the polls are turning around.  It's almost amusing how you have all been fooled - but yet terrifying that so many well-intentioned, smart, decent people have been walked willingly into the slaughterhouse.

I am a partisan, and would have supported the Republican nominee under any normal circumstances -- but I am now angry and will fight like hell to elect John McCain to protect our country from anti-semites and anti-caucasian bigots.

Maybe this country can come together and be united.... against Barack Obama.

We're still beating this dead horse?

Yeah. The Republican base from Sam to Don is uniting the only way they know.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »

I have a question for you Obama koolaid drinkers.  Why did Obama choose to take his family to a church where a pastor will spew this kind of racist crap on Sundays.  Obama has CHOSEN to attend this church and have his family listen to this guys' poison.

Why is that?  He's been a member of this church and listening to the crap out of this hateful pastors mouth for years.  Obama has been a member of this partor's congregation for 20 years!  And the best some of you can come up with is that the guy retired in February so how dare we ask questions?

You'd voluntarily take your wife and children to hear this crap on Sundays?  Why Senator?

Obama has a problem here whether some of the lefties on this site want to acknowledge it or not.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »

I have a question for you Obama koolaid drinkers.  Why did Obama choose to take his family to a church where a pastor will spew this kind of racist crap on Sundays.  Obama has CHOSEN to attend this church and have his family listen to this guys' poison.

Why is that?  He's been a member of this church and listening to the crap out of this hateful pastors mouth for years.  Obama has been a member of this partor's congregation for 20 years!  And the best some of you can come up with is that the guy retired in February so how dare we ask questions?

You'd voluntarily take your wife and children to hear this crap on Sundays?  Why Senator?

Obama has a problem here whether some of the lefties on this site want to acknowledge it or not.
He does have a problem but you know what if he likes it he has the right to do it. I really wish he would just go to the run of the mill Church but if that is what he likes he gets to hear it and I will still support him.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »

Of course he has the right to do it.  That's a false issue.  NO ONE is saying he doesn't have a right to do it.

He has a problem.  It will grow.  ABC picked it up today.  It will only get worth.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »

Of course he has the right to do it.  That's a false issue.  NO ONE is saying he doesn't have a right to do it.

He has a problem.  It will grow.  ABC picked it up today.  It will only get worth.
Of course. I am really starting to get pissed at Conservatives who say he is a Muslim though. When one of my friends said that Obama was a Muslim I had the urge to punch him in the face hard, but I held back and just said he wasn't and explained why.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »

So swing voters like Don and StatesRights won't be voting for Obama!?

DAMN! I'm shocked.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 07:20:56 PM »

And the Obamamaniacs say this is a silly non issue.  I too am shocked!  Shocked I say!
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »

Aww, look, somebody trusts ABC. How cute.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »

Trust ABC?  No jackass, the tapes of this guy's sermons are all over the internet.  I don't have to trust anyone.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2008, 07:22:45 PM »

And the Obamamaniacs say this is a silly non issue.  I too am shocked!  Shocked I say!

Of course, most of them probably believe this for themselves.  Jeremiah Wright, to them, is not an insidious racist and traitor, but a mild embarrassment that should probably be kept under the sheets.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »

Nice picture.  I think the messiah has found his running mate.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 08:17:28 PM »

The more I hear about Obama's pastor and his associations with the pastor, the more upset I get.  Throughout this campaign I have moved from admiration of Obama because of his supposed bipartisanship and message of national unity, to disdain for the cult-like attitude of his supporters, and now to anger that the Democratic Party would nominate a man who clearly sympathizes with anti-American sentiments and evil and racist acts.

Bull!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Farrakhan's 'endorsement' was something which Obama, loudly and clearly, rejected; as well as denouncing his views

At least, I was never fooled into endorsing that George W Bush. Ineptness Personified, if ever it was. It was to be expected really Roll Eyes [I'm just as capable of throwing sticks and stones as you are Don]

That's something we'd have in common

But is Obama the anti-Semite and anti-Caucasian bigot, you seem to have convinced yourself of? Pay more attention to Obama says, not the rantings of Pastor Wright or Farrakkan

Frankly, uniting against the politics of hope and inclusiveness in favor of that of fear and divisiveness sends shivers down my spine

Signed: Staunch Americophile Smiley
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »

I've seen Wright's sermons all over the internet today.  Frankly, I want to know what drew Obama to this hate monger for the last 20 years.  I heard one outragious statement from Wright after another.  The government spread AIDS., we had 9-11 coming, America is run by rich whites......yada, yada.

What, there weren't other pastors and churches in Chicago?  This is the crap Obama chose for he and his family to listen to on Sunday mornings?

How does his pastor's "sermons" on Sundays jibe with this "hope" that Obama keeps talking about because I see a complete contradiction.

BTW, I bet I know who has done the research on the good rev.  Hint:  it isn't the Republicans.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:56 PM »

How does his pastor's "sermons" on Sundays jibe with this "hope" that Obama keeps talking about because I see a complete contradiction.

I'm focusing on what Obama says not the rantings of his former pastor. I can, objectively, dissociate the two

Dave
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 09:28:20 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2008, 09:30:30 PM by agcatter »

I'm going to be a lot more careful.  Politicians can SAY anything.  Again I'm more concerned with actions,  I want to know why Obama has CHOSEN to be be part of a church led by a racist, anti American, anti semiitic hate spewing pastor for the last twenty years.

It's a reasonable question that I think deserves an answer.  BTW, he better address it or he can kiss Ohio and Pennsylvania bye bye in the fall.  That's just a political reality.  Wright retired in February ain't an answer.  Neither is some press release from a "campaign spokesman" saying the Senator doesn't agree with everything Rev Wright has said.  That won't do it.  He's running for President of the United States and Americans have a tendency to make their choice for that office very carefully.

This is a big fat red flag and I can assure it isn't troubling just for a bunch of right wing Republicans.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 09:52:45 PM »

The other choice was John Kerry.  LOL

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2008, 09:57:17 PM »

Wow...this is reaching parody level. Republicans are obsessed with Obama.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »

Nominate him.  LOL  I even voted for him.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2008, 10:11:11 PM »

LOL, that guy is a black nationalist?

"One drop" indeed!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »

The other choice was John Kerry.  LOL

I wasn't too sold on Kerry. I endorsed him over His Ineptness, of course. What self-respecting Americophile Smiley wouldn't?

It's unfortunate Republicans didn't have the good sense to nominate McCain in 2000. Bush has been that abysmal it makes any possibility of my having another 1972 moment (I'd have endorsed Nixon over McGovern) untenable. McCain has aided and abetted His Ineptness more than either of the Democratic presidential nominees have Wink. Granted, McCain hasn't been as servile, these past eight years, as much as most Senate Republicans have

Dave
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2008, 10:27:51 PM »

OK, if people can't see the possible negative issues surrounding this. OK we can separate the two, but this is not going to help with a group of voters we desperately need back in our corner.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2008, 10:32:24 PM »

What the hell is with the Obama fever on this forum! Really can anyone on here come off the partisan weed to see that it's becoming quite evident that Obama is a deeply flawed candidate?

I also am coming around to the possibility that Clinton maybe the stronger candidate for the Democrats in November.   
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33:44 PM »

I'm not completely sure why Obama would choose to be part of what clearly appears to be a black nationalist church. From what I've heard of him, I think  he  joinedpartly because he was trying of trying to reconcile with his black heritage that he doesn't seem to represent. I can't answer why he continues to attend a church headed by a bigot, other than he has no real reason to go to another one.

However, he needs to take care of this, otherwise it could come back to bite him in the butt in the general if he wins the Democratic nomination. This is helping my realize more that 2008 will be a more competitive contest than it appeared at first.

To some of the other people who responded, Okay, Obama may be  about as much a hack as Clinton, but he is the best choice in many people's minds.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2008, 10:35:52 PM »

Attacking Obama for the church he attends which also is attended by Oprah is not going to work.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2008, 10:42:12 PM »

The Church itself is a main-line Protestant Church.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies