How do Democrats win back first responders?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:50:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How do Democrats win back first responders?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do Democrats win back first responders?  (Read 527 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2022, 02:27:59 PM »

President Joe Biden and probably Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown are probably the only few Democrats left that can appeal to first responders, which includes cops, firefighters, EMS, etc.

People like to say that "conservatives are selfish".....how can they be selfish when a lot of them are cops, firefighters, EMS.....working in public and civil service?

The Democrats lost first responders in places like Staten Island and Long Island, Hudson Valley and Miami-Dade, etc.

How do Democrats win them back, especially younger ones?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 02:30:14 PM »

This is a ***** ******
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 02:40:19 PM »

EMS are lean Democratic onstituency, no?

Difficult to win police officers given the national political climate has steered Republicans into pushing a tough on crime platform.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 03:10:48 PM »

EMS are lean Democratic onstituency, no?

Difficult to win police officers given the national political climate has steered Republicans into pushing a tough on crime platform.

I think they could win cops who want to help minority communities like the two cops on the video here, especially the white one. They're liked by their community because they took the time to interact and understand their community, even if one is white and the other is black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIany51XuuI&t=7s

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 10:49:12 PM »

LEO's, Firefighters, and other first responders are a pretty small group. I don't think there's any point in targeting them directly or indirectly unless they belong to other demographics Democrats are looking to appeal more to.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 09:02:55 PM »

LEO's, Firefighters, and other first responders are a pretty small group. I don't think there's any point in targeting them directly or indirectly unless they belong to other demographics Democrats are looking to appeal more to.

I think there is a lot of power in being able to run on union endorsements. Being endorsed by the police union sends a signal to "crime" voters that you are the best candidate. I'm not as confident that EMT or firefighter endorsements would have the same power but I think it is definitely there for police. If Democrats want to continue going after suburban moms then having the cops on your side helps pull in that vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies