South Park game sale stopped in Germany/Austria because of swastika (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:22:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  South Park game sale stopped in Germany/Austria because of swastika (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Park game sale stopped in Germany/Austria because of swastika  (Read 1463 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: March 05, 2014, 12:12:56 PM »

South Park: The Stick of Truth's German and Austrian releases have been delayed over Nazi iconography.

The swastikas in the game were reported to have been removed for the releases, but examples apparently remained.

"The German and Austrian version of South Park: The Stick of Truth contains an unconstitutional symbol which means that we are unfortunately not able to release the game on the German and Austrian market at this time.

German ((and Austrian) side fact by Tender Branson)) law forbids the use of the Nazi party symbol.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a555601/south-park-stick-of-truth-delayed-in-germany-austria-over-swastikas.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:13:40 PM »

Weird ...

I sometimes watch South Park on Comedy Central Germany, which is also on the cable network in Austria and Switzerland.

And I'm pretty sure I once watched an episode in which Cartman dressed up as Hitler with a swastika badge. And that was not censored.

He also attacks Kyle frequently as being a "vile Jew" or something, also not censored on the Berlin-based CC-Germany ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »

Weird ...

I sometimes watch South Park on Comedy Central Germany, which is also on the cable network in Austria and Switzerland.

And I'm pretty sure I once watched an episode in which Cartman dressed up as Hitler with a swastika badge. And that was not censored.

He also attacks Kyle frequently as being a "vile Jew" or something, also not censored on the Berlin-based CC-Germany ...

Ahh yeah, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkYzMocsb9k

German version, with swastika, as I have seen it on live-television from the Berlin-based CC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies