Are Illinois and Delaware the only states where... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:39:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Are Illinois and Delaware the only states where... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Illinois and Delaware the only states where...  (Read 6904 times)
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« on: June 11, 2019, 01:20:07 PM »

As already pointed out, I'd add NV and RI to the list, but that's probably it.

I'm not seeing WA.  First, can you even mathematically make it work with King?  Maybe it's possible by just eye-balling it, but I'm not so sure.  Second, even if you can, I'm having difficulty conceptualizing what this hypothetical candidate would look like.  You're talking about someone who would drive up a huge margin in King, but would barely lose places like Snohomish with low turnout, and also manages to somehow lose Whatcom and reverse the trend there?  What would this candidate even look like?
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:51:48 AM »

I'm not seeing WA.  First, can you even mathematically make it work with King?  Maybe it's possible by just eye-balling it, but I'm not so sure. 

It is mathematically possible in every state. If there are n counties, party X loses the n-1 non-largest counties  by 1 vote each, and wins the largest county by at least n votes.

I understand that.  I'll rephrase- I meant a realistic scenario where the math works, ignoring trends and such.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies