Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:23:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results) (search mode)
Thread note

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)  (Read 169790 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: November 29, 2018, 10:11:18 AM »

ok yeah I can understand weird voting habits in a county between two different parties but yeah that primary is super suspicious. But then wouldn't Pittenger probably win the primary  as Harris would be scandal plagued? That would make it tougher for mcready to win.

Pittenger is a terrible politician; uncharismatic, uninspiring, corrupt, etc. There's a reason why the primary was so close even if Harris went over the top due to fraud
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »

Hate to point out the obvious, but Bladen and Robeson SHOULD NOT BE IN THE 9TH!!!!

I hope there is a new election, and I hope the State Supreme Court puts this map through a paper shredder, burns the shreds and then forces Mark Harris to eat the ashes.

It'll be nice when Bladen County ends up in a Likely D Fayetteville-Robeson seat.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 12:04:35 PM »

Hate to point out the obvious, but Bladen and Robeson SHOULD NOT BE IN THE 9TH!!!!

I hope there is a new election, and I hope the State Supreme Court puts this map through a paper shredder, burns the shreds and then forces Mark Harris to eat the ashes.

It'll be nice when Bladen County ends up in a Likely D Fayetteville-Robeson seat.

It's striking that even in this map, which I suppose is supposed to be a debunking, NC-13 still has a Democratic PVI. Meanwhile, it's possible to draw more compact equivalents which I've illustrated below:

I suppose likely D is maybe an overstatement for any of these districts with the Trump 2016 numbers in the PVI, but all of these districts have Democratic PVIs and would be stronger for a Democrat than those numbers indicate. They all have very low deviations too.

Given that a scenario where NC's maps get struck down is fairly likely, it seems logical that courts would want to go with a district that look like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies