The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:37:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43743 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: July 12, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »

So who's the villain in this? Is it really cat woman? I'm sure it'll be a good film, but I'd be shocked if it outdid the Dark Night.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »

Jesus. I had no idea The Avengers made that much. I didn't think the movie was that great. It had a lot of action that was to be expected, but it didn't really stand out to me.

TDK in 2008 was one of the best movies I had ever seen in theater. I hope TDKR lives up to the hype. Nolan usually does good work so I trust it will, but I don't expect it to be as good as TDK with the Joker.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »

Will this be in 3D? I know Nolan, like any sane person, hates 3D movies, but if it wants to break The Avengers record it almost has to be.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »

Anybody try the new Batman Mountain Dew flavor, "Dark Berry"? Pretty good.

No, but I plan on trying it this weekend when I watch the first two Nolan films on Xfinity On Demand ™ app on my XBox 360™. Have you seen the exclusive trailer, only available via Comcast™?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »

Some of these reviews are ridiculous. Nolan can't help Ledger died and the joker isn't in this one. It's down to 86% now which is lower than I expected.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »

Sadly, I will be at a wedding this weekend so I will have to find a way to get tickets to the midnight showing Thursday since it's in a rural coastal town in NC. I might not get to see it till Sunday which pisses me off.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 11:14:12 PM »

Well I saw it in IMAX today for the second time. I went to the midnight premiere, but ended up getting way too drunk beforehand and hardly remembered a thing.

This time, I thought it was a classic. It is far different than TDK and has a more Begins type feel to it, but I really loved it. I'm actually surprised people have given it as many negative reviews as it has gotten, but that is to be expected with Ledger no longer in it and how long it was. I plan to see it again. The biggest surprise to me was how good Anne Hathaway was. I remember being a bit disappointed when I heard she was going to be catwoman, but she blew me away.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »

I think so too. Begins seemed the most stereotypical of them all as a super hero movie. TDK was a crime drama/thriller and TDKR was just an epic film. They all three seem so different in terms of how they feel but they are all great films. I'm looking forward to seeing it again this week.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies