Florida will no longer be a Swing-State... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Florida will no longer be a Swing-State... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida will no longer be a Swing-State...  (Read 2358 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« on: September 20, 2021, 10:53:39 PM »

Florida is on its way to becoming a redder state. I used to be a bit cautious but it is pretty apparent by now.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 01:25:42 PM »

Certainly a smart call, although I note the lack of abandonment of Florida after 2016.

I admit I still held out hope for FL post-2016, but 2018's outcomes made it painfully clear where that s[inks]t-hole was heading.
It would, honestly, be insane to have thought that Florida was gone after 2016, but I merely wanted to make a point of not this massive prediction so early that it was lost.

Between 2016-2018 it still appeared like Florida was being the usual bellwether/tipping point state it had been for so many election cycles previously. I only figured that FL would lean a bit to the right after 2018. However, after 2020 and especially the news that Republicans will outnumber Democrats in voter registrations, its fairly clear that it’s going to be gone.

I would say Florida is currently the inverse of where Virginia was in the late 2000’s and early to mid 2010’s. A then purple state clearly heading towards being a partisan one, though of course Virginia became solidly blue and Florida is looking towards being more solidly red.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies