Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:01:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act  (Read 3638 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: April 25, 2005, 03:23:13 PM »

Just the original author's two cents

1. 4 billion dollars is still a lot of money for the DoE.
2. I'll admit it's a pretty poorly written bill

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 04:30:54 PM »

Thanks for the words on the bill, Akno. 

I thought, when I designed this bill, that this was also a fair compromise that would allow a significant sum of money to be earmarked for education (perhaps for NCLB, etc.), while at the same time allowing for us to deal with the budget deficit that awaits us in a couple of months in a fiscally responsible manner.

I would like to see some restraint on military spending, which we haven't seen. John Ford was so knowledgeable he could basically impress the senate into funding whatever he wanted, so we likely don't need anymore military spending until we get the budget under control.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 04:43:37 PM »

Thanks for the words on the bill, Akno. 

I thought, when I designed this bill, that this was also a fair compromise that would allow a significant sum of money to be earmarked for education (perhaps for NCLB, etc.), while at the same time allowing for us to deal with the budget deficit that awaits us in a couple of months in a fiscally responsible manner.

I would like to see some restraint on military spending, which we haven't seen. John Ford was so knowledgeable he could basically impress the senate into funding whatever he wanted, so we likely don't need anymore military spending until we get the budget under control.

Like I said before, if someone (John Ford or anyone knowledgeable on defense) can list useless things we can cut in terms of defense spending, I'm all ears.

As I have also said before, I am very knowledgeable in terms of matters dealing with social spending, I am not very knowledgeable in matters that deal with defense spending.  So, it's obvious what I know about where waste is between the two.

I'm not saying we need to cut defense spending, but I think we've added on a suitable amount to the Defense budget recently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies