Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:47:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act  (Read 3635 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: April 25, 2005, 12:10:42 PM »

I must come out against the repeal of this act.  While it provides for more government than I would like, it does make it easier for women to choose to take a pregnancy to term.  Also, the repeal of this act would be a disater for those who are currently utilizing the benefits granted here-in.  I must support the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act and encourage all of my fellow Senators to do the same.

Couldn't you reintroduce a constitutional version of your Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill instead to handle your first concern?*

And perhaps a phased-out process of reducing benefits instead of an abrupt halt would be better?

*Hey, if the UaTM Bill was unconstitutional, why would this bill still be constitutional? Just wondering...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 10:10:23 PM »

I must come out against the repeal of this act.  While it provides for more government than I would like, it does make it easier for women to choose to take a pregnancy to term.  Also, the repeal of this act would be a disater for those who are currently utilizing the benefits granted here-in.  I must support the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act and encourage all of my fellow Senators to do the same.

Couldn't you reintroduce a constitutional version of your Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill instead to handle your first concern?*

And perhaps a phased-out process of reducing benefits instead of an abrupt halt would be better?

*Hey, if the UaTM Bill was unconstitutional, why would this bill still be constitutional? Just wondering...

Not according to the ruling by the court.  Hopefully I will be able to pass an ammendment that will allow for it.

Thanks for the reply, Super. Sam had some good points there, so I'm currently mulling this one over...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 10:26:04 PM »

*sighs*

Aye.

Sorry Super, while I support the intentions of this bill its implementation needs work. And when Akno refused to oppose it, even admitting it had problems, that made my vote easier. What say you work on a better version next Senate? Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies