The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.  (Read 9842 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2015, 11:28:19 PM »

I don't think we will be united at the ballot box when it comes to the presidential election this time.

My vote was mainly in support of bacon King and with the knowledge that Polnut has no interest in running, but I understand and share the concerns of most of those opposing the endorsement of the Labor backed ticket. As of now, I feel bore is fully capable of the job, but I'm sure if this whole windjammer business causes BK to drop off the ticket, it would change a lot of things.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2015, 04:12:27 AM »

Well, looks like it's 72 hours. Voting deadline extended until 2 AM AST tomorrow.

ENDORSEMENT BALLOT
President and Vice President
[1] bore/Bacon King (Labor/TPP)
[2] Maxwell/Dallasfan65 (D-Rs)
[ ] Write in:

Northeast Governor - Sawx automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Northeast Senator - MattVT automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Pacific Senator - Cranberry automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

IDS Senator
[1] Hagrid
[2] Yankee

Mideast Senator
[1] Write-in: Franzl
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »

Signing in, I probably can't vote.

xPotus2036
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 03:46:39 AM »

Alright. Voting is closed, and by a count of 8-4-2 (Polnut with the 4, Max with the 2), I can certify that Senator bore has earned the TPP endorsement for president.

Also worth noting that by a count of 9-2-1 (Max with 2, Intell with 1), I can certify that Hagrid has earned the Party's IDS Senatorial endorsement.

The rest have not, though I will have to consult in order to determine our procedure with ties. I can't find anything in the by-laws about them, so we'll have to wait for it before determining whether he gets our endorsement or not (as he has seven votes).

Before we close, I'd like to dedicate 24 hours to other business. If anyone would like to institute anything, I'll allow for some time.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2015, 03:52:37 AM »

Me? I feel like we need to introduce some sort of expulsion procedure - especially considering the fact that I was a victim of blackmail, and that certain someone literally stated that they didn't recognize my leadership in the party.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2015, 04:07:01 AM »

Congratulations to Senators Bore and BaconKing on their nomination.

On your idea for an expulsion procedure, I would be surprised to see objections.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2015, 04:26:45 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2015, 04:31:21 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

1/4 seemed like a small amount but considering that it would have to be of all members then it seems reasonable. I would think though that with the ideological diversity of TPP that some of these reasons could be twisted in order to go against a member of the party that takes positions that 1/4th does not agree with.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:53 AM »

On behalf of the bore/BK ticket I'd like to say how honoured we are to have received this convention's endorsement.

As a non member I'll take my leave and wish you all a productive end to your convention.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »

While it's obviously a good idea to have some sort of official procedure for these cases, I share Speaker Turkisblau's concerns that some of these reasons might open the door to an ideological purge of sorts. With that in mind, I'd like to propose an amendment:

Essentially, the purpose of this amendment is to protect the Party's ideological diversity while preventing direct sabotage of the party's aims and candidates. Thoughts?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »

The Maxwell/Dallasfan campaign thanks you for your consideration, and accepts the result of this fair and democratic procedure.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »

Alright. Voting is closed, and by a count of 8-4-2 (Polnut with the 4, Max with the 2), I can certify that Senator bore has earned the TPP endorsement for president.

Also worth noting that by a count of 9-2-1 (Max with 2, Intell with 1), I can certify that Hagrid has earned the Party's IDS Senatorial endorsement.

The rest have not, though I will have to consult in order to determine our procedure with ties. I can't find anything in the by-laws about them, so we'll have to wait for it before determining whether he gets our endorsement or not (as he has seven votes).

Before we close, I'd like to dedicate 24 hours to other business. If anyone would like to institute anything, I'll allow for some time.

Dereich got like seven or eight endorsement votes in the Midwest Senate race.  Neither Cassius nor TNF got any.  Shouldn't he also be endorsed?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »

Friends, I would like to thank you for your endorsement. I am not a member of your party, but I stand beside you in your goal to bring hard work and common sense back to the senate. I bear no ill-will towards my future predecessor (Wink), but I know I offer a fresh voice to the South. If elected, I pledge to dedicate the time needed to reel in Labor’s extremism and find working solutions for the People.

Two years ago, far-right Hagrid served in the senate alongside a number of your most revered members. During that time, I built strong relationships with each of the People’s senators who passed in and out of that body. Today, thanks to the spirit of conciliation we built during that time, a number of you are my closest friends in the game. We worked not for party, but for the country. I’m running because I think we can bring that positive spirit back to government.

Over time, my views have changed. Today, I pledge to be the moderate voice that some members of the senate abhor but all members of the country need. I believe in labour’s right to organize, and I believe it should be protected. That being said, I know unions often go too far; we can strike a balance in this country between economic output and the livelihoods of breadwinners. I believe in common, core education standards, because I believe everyone in this country should be prepared to compete on the global stage, whichever region they come from. At the same time, I believe the regions should have some flexibility to teach on what’s most important in their local geographies. I believe taxes should be kept progressive, kept low, and left unchanged when they’ve proven to work—instability is good for no one. I believe in a foreign policy that takes the best tenets of hard and soft power to reassert Atlasia in the international dialogue and make a greater push for universal human rights. I believe I am the person to represent these values in the senate.

I know I may sound like someone who’s trying to be all things to all people. But this is what I believe and this is what I’ll fight for. I thank you for your endorsement and humbly ask for your votes next weekend.

Thank you.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2015, 08:59:10 PM »

While it's obviously a good idea to have some sort of official procedure for these cases, I share Speaker Turkisblau's concerns that some of these reasons might open the door to an ideological purge of sorts. With that in mind, I'd like to propose an amendment:

Essentially, the purpose of this amendment is to protect the Party's ideological diversity while preventing direct sabotage of the party's aims and candidates. Thoughts?

I'll accept it as friendly.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 02:31:51 AM »

BOO LABOR

working solutions

Today, I pledge to be the moderate voice that some members of the senate abhor but all members of the country need.

I believe in labour’s right to organize, and I believe it should be protected. That being said, I know unions often go TOO FAR

I believe in a foreign policy that takes the best tenets of hard and soft power

At the same time

That being said

I know I may sound like someone who’s trying to be all things to all people.

That's because you are: you're obviously utilizing your GOTV apparatus from your time as the preeminent reactionary of the leading reactionary party in the game while appealing to the soft-left for votes by feeding them Moderate Heroism, which, pathetically, is working. You busted Matt's balls time and time again - and not even that long ago - for swinging ideologically so suddenly away from your party, and yet everyone is now supposed to believe that this is genuine on your part.

And oh wow, you almost managed to make it through the first paragraph without taking a swipe at the movement you never managed to defeat! I'll give you credit for the fact that before taking your swipe, you did manage to insert some of the same ideologically-vapid sentiment and approaches that led to the rotting of your former party once you abandoned it. I guess some things never change!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 02:57:12 AM »

Motioning for a 48-hour vote for this amendment to the by-laws.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 12:23:16 PM »

BOO LABOR

working solutions

Today, I pledge to be the moderate voice that some members of the senate abhor but all members of the country need.

I believe in labour’s right to organize, and I believe it should be protected. That being said, I know unions often go TOO FAR

I believe in a foreign policy that takes the best tenets of hard and soft power

At the same time

That being said

I know I may sound like someone who’s trying to be all things to all people.

That's because you are: you're obviously utilizing your GOTV apparatus from your time as the preeminent reactionary of the leading reactionary party in the game while appealing to the soft-left for votes by feeding them Moderate Heroism, which, pathetically, is working. You busted Matt's balls time and time again - and not even that long ago - for swinging ideologically so suddenly away from your party, and yet everyone is now supposed to believe that this is genuine on your part.

And oh wow, you almost managed to make it through the first paragraph without taking a swipe at the movement you never managed to defeat! I'll give you credit for the fact that before taking your swipe, you did manage to insert some of the same ideologically-vapid sentiment and approaches that led to the rotting of your former party once you abandoned it. I guess some things never change!

Oh, Griffin. You're my favourite.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »

Aye on the amendment.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States