Fox News- Biden +8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:08:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Fox News- Biden +8
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Fox News- Biden +8  (Read 2936 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2020, 07:47:55 PM by SN2903 »

Seems like an outlier. Most polls are showing 3 to 6

Data For Progress: Biden +9
Quinnipiac: Biden +11
Firehouse/Optimus: Biden + 10.2
Ipsos- Biden +9

CNBC Biden +3
Harris Biden +1
CNN Biden +5
Economist Biden +5
Rasmussen Biden+5
Harvard Harris Biden +6

Stop cherry picking. Most of the polls are showing 4-6,

Also Biden had a 51% average in RCP on March 20. It has come down 3 pts since then to 48%. More undecided.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2020, 08:01:28 PM »

Ipsos- Biden +9

CNBC Biden +3
Harris Biden +1
CNN Biden +5
Economist Biden +5
Rasmussen Biden+5
Harvard Harris Biden +6

Stop cherry picking. Most of the polls are showing 4-6,

Also Biden had a 51% average in RCP on March 20. It has come down 3 pts since then to 48%. More undecided.

If taken together, the average is most certainly not 3-6 (or 4-6),  there's only two polls out of 10 that have less than Biden +5.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 08:04:36 PM »

I anticipate that these polls are making one major mistake:

They're vastly overestimating Biden's "white vote". The idea that Trump's white vote will go from the 60% range to 48% against Joe Biden is ridiculous. I think that is skewing the poll way off. If you give Trump 55-60% of the white vote, these numbers become drastically different.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »

They're vastly overestimating Biden's "white vote". The idea that Trump's white vote will go from the 60% range to 48% against Joe Biden is ridiculous. I think that is skewing the poll way off. If you give Trump 55-60% of the white vote, these numbers become drastically different.

Arbitrary unskewing because you don't like what the polls show.  That doesn't have a real good track record, you know.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 08:12:15 PM »

Arbitrary unskewing because you don't like what the polls show.  That doesn't have a real good track record, you know.

Because when I take the polls and accept them my predictions wind up wrong because the polls vastly underestimate Republican votes. That's why I was wrong about Kim Reynolds, Mike Dewine, Ron DeSantis, Rick Scott, and Donald Trump.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2020, 08:20:24 PM »

Ipsos- Biden +9

Yes, but they don't show 3 to 6 so we can throw them all away as outliers
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2020, 08:27:16 PM »

Trump getting 12% of the Black vote would be shocking.

Anyways, November 3rd can't come soon enough.

Trump getting 12% of the black vote would probably mean he wins 35 states. Last time Republicans came close was Bush at 11% in 2004.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2020, 09:14:23 PM »

Over a quarter of Trump '16 voters view Obama favorably, what in the world was he thinking going after him?

This whole thing has been about Donald the racist narcissist living out a revenge fantasy against the uppity black man who dared to mock him and bruise his precious ego from the very beginning. It's not rational and never has been.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2020, 09:20:28 PM »

This take me back to the 2012 election
I did not work out so well for the Romney and the GOP when they tried unskewing polls that showed results they did not like....
Yoda
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2020, 10:29:21 PM »

Are these Obama's fav/unfav #'s in the poll?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2020, 10:33:17 PM »

Not at all really. Biden has consistently done MUCH better with this demo than Hillary did. 2016 was also a high-water mark for trump in many ways, and now as opposed to then he is an incumbent. I've seen many polls consistently show that Biden does about 10+ points better with white men and women than Hillary did. Just b/c you don't like it doesn't mean it won't happen.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2020, 10:35:08 PM »

Trump getting 12% of the Black vote would be shocking.

Anyways, November 3rd can't come soon enough.

Trump getting 12% of the black vote would probably mean he wins 35 states. Last time Republicans came close was Bush at 11% in 2004.

Yeh, if there's any part of this poll that needs to be "unskewed", it's that, not Biden's strong #'s (for a democrat) with white voters.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2020, 10:44:36 PM »

Those +7% Trump Margins among Anglo Voters are particularly devastating (48-41 Trump).

Hard to see how Trump could possibly pull this out in places like MI, PA, and WI (Let alone potential DEM pickups such as AZ, NC, FL, & GA).

Trump still has some time to recover before November, but Fox News generally has a pretty decent polling record regardless of their "Editorial Content", "Opinion Pieces", and generally extremely slanted news coverage overall...

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2020, 01:55:24 AM »

DOMINATING

We're still months away from the election and it's a national poll, but another disaster for Trump. I'd be extremely nervous in Trump HQ. He just barely makes it out of the low 40s in all these polls.

Yup, these are his favorables.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2020, 04:36:53 AM »

Over a quarter of Trump '16 voters view Obama favorably, what in the world was he thinking going after him?
I think he's at the stage where he's not really thinking and instead just throwing crap at the wall and hoping something sticks.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2020, 05:19:35 AM »

But Twitter told me that Biden had a -22 favorability!

The most interesting part here is that BIDEN has the enthusiasm - and his lead balloons to +12 with the most enthusiastic people voting. Wow.

Also, this - yikes.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2020, 07:58:43 AM »

Because when I take the polls and accept them my predictions wind up wrong because the polls vastly underestimate Republican votes. That's why I was wrong about Kim Reynolds, Mike Dewine, Ron DeSantis, Rick Scott, and Donald Trump.

Let me ask you this. What if these polls are correct and they aren’t underestimating Republican support?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2020, 06:52:33 PM »

I think he's at the stage where he's not really thinking and instead just throwing crap at the wall and hoping something sticks.

That's all he ever does. He never thinks. He just lucked out in 2016 due mostly to factors outside his control that disadvantaged Clinton and thus fell ass-backwards into the presidency.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2020, 07:33:24 PM »

That's all he ever does. He never thinks. He just lucked out in 2016 due mostly to factors outside his control that disadvantaged Clinton and thus fell ass-backwards into the presidency.

Lucked out? No, no, see I was told by some very reliable sources that Trump is a political genius on par with Washington and Napoleon.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2020, 12:14:30 AM »

Favorability
Joe Biden 48/46 (+2)
Donald Trump 43/55 (-12)

Big oof coming from a Fox poll. If Biden goes into election day with a net positive favorability and we don't have depressed turnout thanks to pandemic, Trump is probably finished.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2020, 04:14:20 AM »

Biden's numbers with whites are probably that good because of him over performing with boomers.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2020, 04:27:06 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2020, 04:35:40 AM by Cory Booker »

It's also noteworthy that this is the same Senate map, that helped usher in the first Dem trifecta in 2008 when, Dems won AK, CO, MN, NH, NM, NC, OR and Va. Now, AK again, AZ, Co again, GA, IA, KS, ME, MT and again NC are at stake.

While Kathleen Sebelius and Janet Napolitano left their spots as Govs of AZ and KS to work for Obama.

The map is reinventing itself, Dem tsunami alert

GA went to a runoff with Martin and Chambliss
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2020, 10:59:08 PM »

Another fun question:

super6646
Canada

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2020, 02:25:51 AM »

Another fun question:

Hilarious stuff. I do not understand why republicans are so against mail in votes in the us, but whatever.

If people think Russia is the real threat to the United States in 2020... oh man. Despite all the scare around Putin, I have a funny feeling he’s done more to lead that country to destruction than anything else.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2020, 09:07:23 AM »

Hilarious stuff. I do not understand why republicans are so against mail in votes in the us, but whatever.

Because they think it'll help Democrats.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies