NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:08:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29
Author Topic: NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!  (Read 50161 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2018, 11:44:24 PM »

AOC rocked that debate! I just donated to her. Get Crowley out!

Crowley thinks paying lip service to social issues here and there and rebuking Trump is enough to wade the waters, but it is not. He does not represent the interests of this district. I really hope people turn out.

Who decides what "the interests of this district" are? I assume - people of this district. They will say their opinion in a week.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2018, 12:01:59 AM »

lol

Crowley's an amazing Rep. Y'all are trolling.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2018, 12:06:10 AM »

My guess is Crowley still wins 65-35. Ocasio-Cortez would be an amazing congresswoman but I feel like her momentum is too little, too late.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2018, 04:29:28 AM »

My guess is Crowley still wins 65-35. Ocasio-Cortez would be an amazing congresswoman but I feel like her momentum is too little, too late.

And what's so amazing about her??? Besides gender and Hispanic name...
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »

Because she’s a progressive actually willing to fix the fundamentals problems of our declining middle class and growing gap between rich and poor.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2018, 02:23:53 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2018, 02:29:55 PM by PittsburghSteel »

J.D. Durkin predicts Ocasio will unseat Crowley.

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2018, 02:57:52 PM »

J.D. Durkin predicts Ocasio will unseat Crowley.

How accurate are his predictions usually? It would certainly be a huge deal if the progressive wing took down leadership like that.

I would also bask in the #DEMSINDISARRAY hot takes that would come from garbage outlets like Politico about how Dems are doomed because of a successful primary in a Clinton +58 district.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »

Because she’s a progressive actually willing to fix the fundamentals problems of our declining middle class and growing gap between rich and poor.

Buh muh centrism
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »

Yeah same. It seems a little too good to be true. Plus if there's any state that loves greasy, been-there-too-long incumbents, it's new York.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »

If Newman can’t take out Lipinski, this rando can’t take out the Borough Boss.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »

The differences are that this race is less nationalized and this race doesn't have a history of social conservatism (or any kind of conservatism).
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2018, 07:34:55 PM »

The differences are that this race is less nationalized and this race doesn't have a history of social conservatism (or any kind of conservatism).

Republicans aren’t also going to be voting en masse to save Crowley (nor will a bunch of Republican Super PAC’s spend hundreds of thousands for him). The only people Crowley’s accountable to in this primary is his Democratic base.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2018, 08:46:12 PM »

Was thinking about endorsing Ocasio-Cortez, but not after this.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2018, 08:53:54 PM »

Hope she pulls off a Dave Brat, unlikely as it seems.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2018, 10:46:53 PM »

It’s a safe-blue district, so it really doesn’t matter whether AOC or Crowley endorses their opponent or not.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2018, 11:08:20 PM »

It’s a safe-blue district, so it really doesn’t matter whether AOC or Crowley endorses their opponent or not.
yeah, i always hate that type of grandstanding tho
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2018, 11:25:22 PM »

I think AOC will be just as classless when she loses as Marie Newman was
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2018, 12:17:01 AM »

I think AOC will be just as classless when she loses as Marie Newman was

I don’t blame Newman, Lipinski and his people ran a very mean-spirited whisper campaign against her, texting basically everybody in the district saying that she was a Neo-Nazi and a Catholic-hater.

Crowley hasn’t been running as negative of a campaign, but that’s probably because he’s in a much more comfortable position than Lipinski was.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2018, 03:27:32 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2018, 03:31:26 AM by Jeppe »

Ocasio-Cortez passed the 66% required for an endorsement between 2 candidates.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2018, 04:17:41 AM »

So, only progressives are allowed to serve as Democratic congressmembers? With such "ideological purity" forget about House majority then - there are simply not enough such districts. Besides - i was (and IS) never a fan of wild-eyed idealists...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2018, 04:24:43 AM »

So, only progressives are allowed to serve as Democratic congressmembers? With such "ideological purity" forget about House majority then - there are simply not enough such districts. Besides - i was (and IS) never a fan of wild-eyed idealists...

It's the establishment who are the purity trolls who do their best to make sure that progressives aren't elected.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2018, 04:39:15 AM »

When did he say that? Just because you have a fetish for dull machine hacks and partisan drones doesn't mean every person on the country is obliged to love them as well.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2018, 05:13:44 AM »

When did he say that? Just because you have a fetish for dull machine hacks and partisan drones doesn't mean every person on the country is obliged to love them as well.

I never ask for somebody's "love" for "my" candidates - first. I am absolutely "anti-party" (at least - anti-present-parties as they are) - that's second. But if someone uses term "amazing" - i expect some more, then lleft-wing (in this case) loony...
JG

« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2018, 06:41:59 AM »

I never ask for somebody's "love" for "my" candidates - first. I am absolutely "anti-party" (at least - anti-present-parties as they are) - that's second. But if someone uses term "amazing" - i expect some more, then lleft-wing (in this case) loony...

NY-14 is a D+29 district. They can definitely afford to have an actually progressive rep. And what makes you think she's a loony?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies