Does Oregon Shakespeare Festival Violate Civil Rights Law? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:37:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does Oregon Shakespeare Festival Violate Civil Rights Law? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Oregon Shakespeare Festival Violate Civil Rights Law?  (Read 1814 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 08, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »

Shakespeare already is written in Modern English though. What is the point in updating Shakespeare so the language is flat and uninteresting?

Yeah, I couldn't care less about the quota business, but this entire project is blatant and brazen cultural  murder.

Really. What’s the point of watching a 500-year old entertainment piece if it is stripped of everything anachronistic?

It wasn't anachronistic when written. I suppose you didn't care for the 1995 film version of Richard III? Making a old story relevant to the current era can be good, tho merely updating Shakespeare from Early Modern English to Colloquial English does seem a waste of effort to me as well. However, just because it doesn't go as far as Ran or West Side Story in reimagining Shakespeare doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:05:25 PM »

Besides, what lawyer would dare take a case involving Henry VI Part 2 Act IV Scene 2? They might all be killed!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »

Or maybe not if they're reincarnating puns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies