Does Oregon Shakespeare Festival Violate Civil Rights Law? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:08:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does Oregon Shakespeare Festival Violate Civil Rights Law? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Oregon Shakespeare Festival Violate Civil Rights Law?  (Read 1803 times)
Conrad Spoke
« on: October 07, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »

Three years ago Oregon Shakespeare Festival launched a program to translate Shakespeare into Modern English. The program is called Play On! (which you can easily search for ). They needed 36 translators to work on all of Shakespeare's plays. Their stated goal was to hire more than half writers of color and more than half women. I think this violates state and federal civil rights laws, which insist that people cannot be excluded from work because of race, sex, etc.
I was an experienced Modern English Shakespeare translator long before this program was started. I was excluded because I am a white male? Was this legal or moral?
Conrad Spoke
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »

Yeah, I know you're not lawyers. This thread is called "Constitution and Law" so I thought maybe this legal quandary would be very interesting to people.
Isn't that why this site exists?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies