Pat Buchanan: Trump's agenda seems comatose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:34:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pat Buchanan: Trump's agenda seems comatose
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pat Buchanan: Trump's agenda seems comatose  (Read 580 times)
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »

http://buchanan.org/blog/rosenstein-joins-posse-127090

[quote]As did almost all of its predecessors, including those which led to the resignation of President Nixon and impeachment of Bill Clinton, Mueller’s investigation seems certain to drag on for years.

All that time, there will be a cloud over Trump’s presidency that will drain his political authority. Trump’s enemies will become less fearful and more vocal. Republican Congressmen and Senators in swing states and marginal districts, looking to 2018, will have less incentive to follow Trump’s lead, rather than their own instincts and interests. Party unity will fade away.

And without a united and energized Republican Party on the Hill, how do you get repeal and replacement of Obamacare, tax reform or a border wall? Trump’s agenda suddenly seems comatose. And was it a coincidence that the day Mueller was appointed, the markets tanked, with the Dow falling 372 points?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:09 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 01:19:46 PM by TD »

This is the part I don't like. We need tax reform, fixing and streamlining ObamaCare (along with cutting out the most liberal and excessive parts), fixing immigration (through deportations and a conservative immigration plan). It would also be nice if we did entitlement reforms to contain Medicaee costs as well.

But yeah he's right. The agenda is basically stalled due to this and Trump's highly negative ratings. That's not going away as long as the investigation goes on.

Start afresh with Pence (and a harder line on Russia). And fire Bannon and Miller.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 03:03:41 PM by oreomilkshake »

This is the part I don't like. We need tax reform,
fixing and streamlining ObamaCare (along with cutting out the most liberal and excessive parts), fixing immigration (through deportations and a conservative immigration plan). It would also be nice if we did entitlement reforms to contain Medicaee costs as well.

But yeah he's right. The agenda is basically stalled due to this and Trump's highly negative ratings. That's not going away as long as the investigation goes on.

Start afresh with Pence (and a harder line on Russia).
to an extent i agree with that. i don't really think the healthcare bill the senate is going to come up with is going to be compatible with the house version of ahca at this point. which i've always felt was going to be politically toxic, a source of early failure for trump. obviously i disagree with governor kasich on a lot but he seems to understand the political reality having represented a state with medicaid expansion and a number of other changes brought on by obamacare. add to that the high probability of recession within the next 12-18 months and i would not be surprised at all if the house flips. i've been expecting it.

granted i've always been leery of anything the republicans do on the healthcare issue. and i'm trying to temper my desire for this country achieving eventual universal coverage with reality..
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »

Pat Buchanan actually thought Trump's agenda was about anything more than lining pockets and inflating his ego? He's dumber than I thought.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »

Uncle Pat is literally never wrong. Very astute man.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies