Rank these presidents on a left-right scale (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:42:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rank these presidents on a left-right scale (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank these presidents on a left-right scale  (Read 3038 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: June 09, 2007, 03:26:11 PM »

I'd put Johnson on one end and Reagan on the other.  Not sure about the middle.  Here's my first impression based not only on their campaigning, but on what I know of their actual legislative agendas as well as responses to external pressures.  Note that this list is strictly Left-to-right, and I don't have a good feel for that other axis (up/down, or anarchy versus authority, whatever you want to call it)

Lyndon Johnson (and not just because Sharpton often claims LBJ his favorite)

Jimmy Carter (the Carter Doctrine in the Greater middle east puts him to LBJ's right)

John Kennedy (Could put him right of Ford, but Space was major big spending)

George Bush (read my lips:  I'm willing to say just about anything to win your vote)

Gerald Ford (maybe more left, but pardon of Nixon suggests a free market mindset)

Richard Nixon (dammit henry, get a couple of big scary Jews to go after his ass)

Bill Clinton (dragged his party rightward mid-90s.  maybe right of GWB but Dems reigned him in)

George W. Bush (he's an enigma in so many ways, but certainly to the left of Reagan)

Ronald Reagan (he's the republican's republican, no doubt.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies