The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:38:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown  (Read 60040 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 22, 2011, 02:50:14 AM »

Walker is not going to back down, so my only question is what happens if the Dems don't come back to Madison? I really don't know what the rules are about that such as if they'd lose their jobs after a certain amount of time or more likely they get to be paid for doing nothing.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:44:42 PM »

Well this is another example of how Republicans actually get stuff done. Doyle did NOTHING in office for 8 YEARS and Republicans did all this in less then 3 months.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:55:32 PM »

I don't even care if it was about the budget, good thing it passed anyways. Good buy to public union power in Wisconsin!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:07:55 AM »

Wow, the overreaction to a typo!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »

The Republicans have shot themselves in the foot with this. The way they did this shows a total disrespect for democracy and the rule of law, is a textbook example of backroom dealing and forcing bills down the people throat, and the backlash will become even worse now.

Kinda like what happened with healthcare, am I right? Of course I can't be right though, I'm a Republican and the Democrats were just doing what was best for the country and the people!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 01:39:24 AM »

I think what people need to understand is this bill was guarenteed to pass no matter how much debate took place. If it would have made the Democrats happy they could have debated it for 3 months, ignored them anyways and then still passed it with them there. Nothing the Democrats could have done would stop this part of the bill from passing.

Now the question is are they going to come back or let a lot of the state government be shut down until 2012 when they might have a chance to win back some seats, but probably only enough to have everything be about even in the senate. How do you think the voters will feel about them staying out of state for a year and a half and not doing their jobs? Well at least they won't get paid for doing it though frankly everone should get a 50% pay cut in elected office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies