Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:59:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 128612 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:11:42 PM »

Arkansas Yankee keeps bringing up Ted Kennedy but the last post of the previous megathread is him saying he would just watch as someone strangles Gloria Allred.

So...
I do not know whether to take you seriously or not.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:06:34 PM »

There is a huge difference between both parties. I doubt if a Democrat could get away with what Moore is accused of in any state, even in Vermont.

The evangelical church believes it is under full scale attack by the left.  They are feeling minority status.  They are voting like minorities generally do.

I go to weekly Bible study where I am probably the most liberal person in the group.

When I came to this area in 1977 I was about the only Republican around.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 10:28:54 PM »

There is a huge difference between both parties. I doubt if a Democrat could get away with what Moore is accused of in any state, even in Vermont.
We arrest our predators, they elect them.

Why did you try to put Bill Clinton back in the White House?  Again that was not ancient history.  You were part of it.

If Bill had been impeached and convicted in 1999, Gore would have become President.  He probably would have been elected in 2000.  That would have changed the world.  
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:36:49 PM »

The evangelical church believes it is under full scale attack by the left.  They are feeling minority status.  They are voting like minorities generally do.

I go to weekly Bible study where I am probably the most liberal person in the group.

Oh f**k off

Actually in this post I just explained there position.  I did not justify it. I have other issues that motivate me.  

It is so sad you live by foul language.  So, childlish.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 10:47:06 PM »

I tell you one thing, it's hard for me to actually have feelings for them.

I understand why you feel that way.  Thank you for not swearing at me.

You should remember that statewide these were basically the same people who voted for Clinton in 1992 & 1996.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 12:10:14 AM »

lmao do they really feel as if they are under attack? That is honestly so, so, so sad.

As a white catholic male who went to a high school with only 12% white people and most non religious, I have never felt persecuted for who I am in my entire life.

(I'm not trying to insult you by the way. I appreciate your posts & perspective even though we have very different worldviews.)

Also lol, even if they do feel under attack, how is that an excuse for tolerating pedophilia?

Because they believe him that he did not commit the offenses or they believe that he can be foregiven after 40 years without any similar charges. Contrary to what you allege, they are not evil people. T

Again he is not a pedofile, if he committed the offenses. The alleged victims were older than 13.  A true pedofile does not just stop. It is the compulsion that makes a true pedophile.

Y’all tell me to stop bringing up a 50 year old offense by Kennedy, but you want to hang Moore for 40 year old alleged offenses.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 12:42:17 AM »

Just saying 'what about Ted Kennedy' or 'what about Bill Clinton' is NOT a justification to vote for Roy Moore. If the Democrats are such sleazebags, surely Republicans should seize the moral highground and be better than them  by not voting for Roy Moore. The only way you will get better politics is of people finally take a stand and refuse to endorse this kind of behavior. Allowing and supporting Moore because 'what about(insert boogeyman Democrat here)' won't improve anything and will lead to America having worse Democratic and Republican officeholders in the long-run. The choice is clear, between tolerating and not tolerating Moore's behavior, and people need to stand up and not tolerate it.

As I have said Moore’s supporters do not believe the alleged victims or they foregiven him for 40 year old offenses.  I tell them their may be a problem with his possible lying.

You should have run a “Blue Dog” if you wanted to attract more of Moore’s supporters.  You are forcing them to accept a far left winger with whom they do not agree.

I use the whatabout to get y’all off your self righteous stand of moral superiority For your Party.  I also want you to understand that the voters of Massachusetts have no higher moral standards than the voters of Alabama.  

That’s all for tonight  I want watch some Tv that my wife has no interest in watching.  Go to bed realizing we are all sinners.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 01:00:14 AM »

lmao do they really feel as if they are under attack? That is honestly so, so, so sad.

As a white catholic male who went to a high school with only 12% white people and most non religious, I have never felt persecuted for who I am in my entire life.

(I'm not trying to insult you by the way. I appreciate your posts & perspective even though we have very different worldviews.)

Also lol, even if they do feel under attack, how is that an excuse for tolerating pedophilia?

Because they believe him that he did not commit the offenses or they believe that he can be foregiven after 40 years without any similar charges. Contrary to what you allege, they are not evil people. T

Again he is not a pedofile, if he committed the offenses. The alleged victims were older than 13.  A true pedofile does not just stop. It is the compulsion that makes a true pedophile.

Y’all tell me to stop bringing up a 50 year old offense by Kennedy, but you want to hang Moore for 40 year old alleged offenses.

Kennedy is not running for anything.

Moore is running for Senate.

Kennedy and Clinton were before my time anyway. (As in, before I paid attention to politics).

See my post at 12:42 am

You still have 2 Clintons to deal with .  They are not going away quietly.

Your Conyers problem is not solved.  Having grown up on the east side of Detroit, I believe there is very strong chance a Conyers, who is a sexual predator is going to be replaced by one, who maybe a girlfriend  beater and stabber.

Franken has not actually resigned.  His victims are in a rage.

Then there are corrupt Democrat and GOP machines around the country. the country.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 01:10:11 AM »

Again he is not a pedofile, if he committed the offenses. The alleged victims were older than 13.  A true pedofile does not just stop. It is the compulsion that makes a true pedophile.

Kennedy is not running for anything.

Moore is running for Senate.

Kennedy and Clinton were before my time anyway. (As in, before I paid attention to politics).

I see you are a Joe Biden supporter.  Are we going to discuss the allegations of all his touching of women and swiming in the nude in the front of female Secret Service agents.

COME OFF THE MORAL PEDESTAL.  Oppose Moore on these grounds, even point out that GOP VOTERS are not properly dealing with a sexual predator, but stop attacking them as evil and immoral.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 07:11:49 AM »

[quote author=Indy Texas link=topic=279249.msg5949851#msg5949851

The Kennedys are all dead now. And they would not be nominated by the 21st century Democratic Party.

Roy Moore is very much alive and is running for the US Senate.
[/quote]

LOL

The only states in New England that would not elect Ted Kennedy Senator today are probably New Hampshire and maybe Maine. New York would elect him. New Jersey, Maryland,and California would probably elect him.

I truly think that Alabama is the only state that could really elect Moore.  We shall see. Arkansas and Tennessee might, but I doubt it in the end.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »

Get your Hillary tree topper to replace your angel topper.:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24386/merry-resist-mas-you-can-now-get-hillary-clinton-emily-zanotti?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=092117-news&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

You ain't rid of them yet!
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »

Could it be Allred wants Moore elected,so he becomes a problem for the GOP leadership?

If so, the leadership needs to step up and expel him, if he signed the yearbook.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »

How is trash talking voters who support an alleged pedophile elitist and derogatory?

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I bet some Jones supporters are using this language in Alabama.  I bet it is boomeranging. That may be why the polls are going the way they are.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »

How is trash talking voters who support an alleged pedophile elitist and derogatory?

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I bet some Jones supporters are using this language in Alabama.  I bet it is boomeranging. That may be why the polls are going the way they are.

I said alleged pedophile, which he is. He has been alleged to be a pedophile. No one can prove he is or isn't right now, that's what alleged means. Even voting for an alleged pedophile is awful and should be treated as such, in my opinion.

He still cannot be an alleged pedophile. By definition they deal with children through 13.

If they use the language, I bet it backfires a lot in Alabama.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »

Let's just all agree on the term "kiddy diddler" ok? Also Ted Kennedy.

Ok with me.  But a huge number of people do not know what it means.  They might not google it.

Why don’t you just say what you claim he did.  You should also say he did it 40 years ago.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 12:03:13 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I said alleged pedophile, which he is. He has been alleged to be a pedophile. No one can prove he is or isn't right now, that's what alleged means. Even voting for an alleged pedophile is awful and should be treated as such, in my opinion.

He still cannot be an alleged pedophile. By definition they deal with children through 13.

I'm genuinely uncomfortable, and a little upset, by the way you're behaving in this thread and the previous one about this election. Roy Moore is accused of robbing children of their innocence, childhood, and so much more. It doesn't matter if they were 13 or 14 (as Leigh Corfman says she was in her allegation). They were underage and he was allegedly  in a position of power and influence. That's what matters. I don't argue on the internet, but I will say that I hope you treat this and similar issues with more respect and maturity in real life than you do here instead of defending people who are accused of this, and defending people who would vote for someone accused of this

I refer to Powerline blog for much better statement of my concerns with the only two victims who statements actually allege abuse:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/beverly-nelsons-credibility-takes-another-hit.php

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  What else is she lying about. Saying that, she may be telling the truth.  But she may not be.

Corfman alleged that her emotional problems began with Moore’s molestation.  However court records indicate she was in court for those emotional problems, when she met Moore.  The court records indicate her emotional state  got better after the alleged molestation.  I like the writer of the article do not know whether to believe her.

I also know that 38 years have passed without further allegations.  I do not believe that mercy is not available for him.  I would choose to send him to the Senate, as he would support more of the policies I support than Jones.  I would let the Senate ethics Committee deal with whether he should remain in the Senate and the validity of the claims.  

Please get off your self righteous horse.  Quit denigrating the morality of people who do not agree with you.

By the way I do not think the mere allegations against Franken are of a nature to drive him out of the Senate without a hearing.  I am not interested in engaging in a witch hunt for political heads.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 01:12:04 AM »

Let's just all agree on the term "kiddy diddler" ok? Also Ted Kennedy.

Ok with me.  But a huge number of people do not know what it means.  They might not google it.

Why don’t you just say what you claim he did.  You should also say he did it 40 years ago.

If someone killed someone 40 years ago, they're still a murderer.

Everyone but Ted Kennedy.

Oh! I forgot you are to young to be held responsible for him.  Bull! I holding you responsible.  

Oh it was not premedated.  Well it was cowardly and someone died.

I think a lot of Alabamans are feeling like me

An additionally I will not support someone who will use his first votes to shut down the government, if directed by his masters.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 01:22:45 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I'm genuinely uncomfortable, and a little upset, by the way you're behaving in this thread and the previous one about this election. Roy Moore is accused of robbing children of their innocence, childhood, and so much more. It doesn't matter if they were 13 or 14 (as Leigh Corfman says she was in her allegation). They were underage and he was allegedly  in a position of power and influence. That's what matters. I don't argue on the internet, but I will say that I hope you treat this and similar issues with more respect and maturity in real life than you do here instead of defending people who are accused of this, and defending people who would vote for someone accused of this

I refer to Powerline blog for much better statement of my concerns with the only two victims who statements actually allege abuse:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/beverly-nelsons-credibility-takes-another-hit.php

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  What else is she lying about. Saying that, she may be telling the truth.  But she may not be.

Corfman alleged that her emotional problems began with Moore’s molestation.  However court records indicate she was in court for those emotional problems, when she met Moore.  The court records indicate her emotional state  got better after the alleged molestation.  I like the writer of the article do not know whether to believe her.

I also know that 38 years have passed without further allegations.  I do not believe that mercy is not available for him.  I would choose to send him to the Senate, as he would support more of the policies I support than Jones.  I would let the Senate ethics Committee deal with whether he should remain in the Senate and the validity of the claims.  

Please get off your self righteous horse.  Quit denigrating the morality of people who do not agree with you.

By the way I do not think the mere allegations against Franken are of a nature to drive him out of the Senate without a hearing.  I am not interested in engaging in a witch hunt for political heads.

Dude....Roy Moore bangs preteens

I am not saying actually abusing a 14 is nit illegal or very wrong.  But 14 is not preteen.  14 is not the age as defined for pedophelia.  You are entitled to your own opinion not your own definitions.

I am just letting the Senate be the final determiner.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  

Can you please quote her lie? Video or text, doesn't matter. Thanks.

I was waiting for one of you to ask that. Thank you. I refer you to the leftist Bible the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/roy-moore-accuser-amends-part-of-her-account-about-inscription/2017/12/08/d7a8acd8-dc43-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.c4b87f7918ac

In that article the author stated

“In her initial statement Nelson said that Moore had written the entire inscription in her yearbook. ‘He wrote in my yearbook as follows,’ “Nelson said ‘To a sweater and more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas 1977.  Love Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House.’ “ “and he signed it ‘Roy Moore D.A.’”

Thus, she admitted she lied about Moore writing the second date and the restaurant name.

Earlier in the article the author noted that Nelson was not among the women the Post had interviewed.  I would say that is called distancing.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »

I was waiting for one of you to ask that. Thank you. I refer you to the leftist Bible the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/roy-moore-accuser-amends-part-of-her-account-about-inscription/2017/12/08/d7a8acd8-dc43-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.c4b87f7918ac

“In her initial statement Nelson said that Moore had written the entire inscription in her yearbook. ‘He wrote in my yearbook as follows,’ “Nelson said ‘To a sweater and more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas 1977.  Love Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House.’ “ “and he signed it ‘Roy Moore D.A.’”

Thus, she admitted she lied about Moore writing the second date and the restaurant name.

Earlier in the article the author noted that Nelson was not among the women the Post had interviewed.  I would say that is called distancing.

So her "lie" was saying "Olde Hickory House" as she read out the inscription, including everything that was written and signed by Moore?

And that, to you, invalidates her claim and all of the other claims about Roy Moore's assaulting and pursuing young girls? 

Are you not thinking? The author said she said he had written the entire inscription.  He did not put that in quotes.  If you say the lack of quotes indicates that she was not implying the second date was written by him,  you are not thinking or analyzing very well. Why would he have ever written the date twice.

The question then arises to the signature and the D.A.  She obviously embellished  Did she embellish what he did to her?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 06:31:10 PM »

Listen folks I do not live in Alabama.  I have not been there since the 90s.  My wife has a cousin who lives there.  I have not spoken to him.

If Jones loses, I believe you can pin the loss on Allred. She is the one who has raised the question of veracity so high. In my gut I believe it is possible she wants Moore to win to put the GOP on the spot.  But mostly I think she thinks she is helping. Poor deluded woman.

Stop spitting venom at me in relation to this race.  
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »

So her "lie" was saying "Olde Hickory House" as she read out the inscription, including everything that was written and signed by Moore?

And that, to you, invalidates her claim and all of the other claims about Roy Moore's assaulting and pursuing young girls? 

Are you not thinking? The author said she said he had written the entire inscription.  He did not put that in quotes.  If you say the lack of quotes indicates that she was not implying the second date was written by him,  you are not thinking or analyzing very well. Why would he have ever written the date twice.

The question then arises to the signature and the D.A.  She obviously embellished  Did she embellish what he did to her?

Again, I missed the quote where she said "he wrote the entire inscription." Can you help me find that? I see the paraphrase.

Please do not involve yourself in mental gymnastics like that.  It is not becoming. Even the author of the article does not do that.  By distancing from her, he clearly shows he realizes the danger Nelson poses to Jones.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 10:33:53 PM »

I have about changed course.

I thought Moore could be expelled for denying writing part of the yearbook notation.  I believe he wrote the potion below the signature.  Still think there is a strong possibility Nelson manufactured the signature. After some research I have found that almost nothing during a campaign, except corruption can get a Senator expelled. I guess that is best.  If lying was a grounds, there would be no one in the Senate.

I am not sure there would even be grounds for an ethics hearing.  Would he lie under oath?

Moore is a nut.  I do not want him in the Senate. I also think he is mean personally and publicly. I hate Bannon.

I would now join Senator Shelby in casting a write in vote.

If people like me change, Jones may have a chance.  He needs to run ads that Moore, if elected, can not be expelled.

I do think you should have run a true Blue Dog.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 10:55:43 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2017, 11:00:40 PM by Arkansas Yankee »

Moore by single digits, but there's about a 30% chance that Jones shocks the world and wins. Democrats should call for Moore's explusion and Alabama's secession, unless Jones wins of course.
What would be the grounds for expulsion?  
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 11:04:17 PM »

Bright side for all of you, if Moore, would be a mill around the GOP’s neck,
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies