North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:26:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15488 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: March 24, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »

Wait a moment, exactly what is the minimum wage thing doing in a LGBT bill? And outright abolishing LGBT nondiscrimination measures? Stay classy North Carolina. I'm proud to continue to endorse Roy Cooper for Governor.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:58:24 PM »

It's just part of the big plan to end this transgender sideshow:

1. States and the federal government should not allow legal gender marker changes.

2. Transgender people should not have any legal protections against discrimination, nor should anyone be forced to respect their identity.

3. Transgender people should not be legally allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identity.

4. Medical coverage related to transition should not be provided by the government, or any other entity.

5. Transgender people should not be allowed to serve in the military.

Get your head out of the clouds and realize that transgenderism is not a fairy tale. Whatever happened to you talking to someone and changing your mind on this issue?  I do hope you never try to run for office as a democrat - the party would never accept someone with your position on this issue.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »

Wait a moment, exactly what is the minimum wage thing doing in a LGBT bill?
There is? Can you link me to a source that backs this up? I haven't found anything to support this.

Go back to the OP and read the article it links to carefully.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »

See that's why we want to ban hormone therapy and prohibit sex change operations from being covered by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid. That way those women don't get to grow beards and still have to use the correct restroom.

Good to know you openly support effectively eliminating an entire group of people because you're uncomfortable with their existence.

That's the whole point: to keep things the way they've always been, and to put certain people back in their places.

...I thought you were openly gay? How on earth do you justify something with "that's the way things have always been"?

Based on some other posts I've seen from him here and on AAD, the only type of person Wolverine wants to see in men's restrooms is 15 year-old boys.

OR he's so attracted to transwomen he really really wants so see them when he goes to the men's restroom.

Meanwhile he wants transmen in the female restroom, thats not very gay of him. Does this make him homoflexible?

No, this is what it boils down to, and this is not an unreasonable viewpoint:

Give these a read. There's a reason why I take a position of "why should I care outside of the bathroom?" in terms of whether to allow people to change their gender and still enjoy the same rights as everyone else (I see marriage as settled law and so don't think about that angle aside from my support for limited religious freedom bills). I don't believe science has a smoking-gun proof that Transgenderism is real, but there's certainly enough doubt that binary covers everything:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/challenging-gender-identity-biologists-say-gender-expands-across-spectrum-rather-323956

"Neuroscience Proves What We've Known All Along: Gender Exists on a Spectrum" - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ravishly/neuroscience-proves-what-_b_6494820.html
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »

I will tell you where my views came from. I spent two years on a major university campus, and in attending semi-regularly the LGBT group, I found that the vast majority of the members were either completely transgender, or said they were "non-binary" and had come up with all these words that aren't in the dictionary that they wanted to be called instead of he and she. Not only that, but they were the same thin-skinned "safe space" assholes that are taking over other college campuses. There was even one girl who thought she should have been born a cat, so she painted her face like a cat, complete with plastic whiskers every day.

One girl blew up at me because I dared call her ma'am, as you're supposed to call a woman whose name you don't know or can't remember, and had I had my wits about me, this would have been my reaction to both her temper tantrum and her little "gender identity:"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wT5ycFi8Xvw

There was even one girl who went so far as to drop $400 into legally changing her name to Max because she was so angry at people laughing at her idea that she wasn't a man or a woman, despite her clearly being a woman.

To be honest, when you go into those sorts of groups, you are asking for those sorts of situations. The people that actually join those sorts of groups and regularly attend are likely to be fervent activists who care deeply about the issue, and therefore seeing an "extreme case"  is far more likely. I suggest you recognize that the people who actually call themselves a "zis", "it", et al are few and far between and you probably won't come across one if you are not looking for one - most Transgenders are complete male to female or female to male cases rather than some sort of weird partial transition. The few that opt for a partial transition aren't worth caring about.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 12:57:14 AM »

So the Obama justice department found a way this violates the civil rights act: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/05/04/justice_department_tells_north_carolina_hb2_violates_federal_law.html?client=ms-android-verizon#

Of course, NC could just ignore them and take whatever hit in federal funds there may or may not be.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 07:15:43 PM »

Nope. Court got it wrong again. The student was born a girl, she should use the girls restrooms. This trans stuff is nonsense. There are 2 genders in the human species. Male and female. Why can't these judges use common sense. North Carolina is right.

Ah, it's the old "I don't like thinking about transgenderism, so I'll just pretend it doesn't exist."

(My current position on the whole bathroom/locker room thing is to only allow new sex bathroom usage after surgery, but provide unisex facilities before that point. I'll accept whatever enforcement mechanisms are needed to enforce that sort of restriction; I just don't trust the human race enough to go by a "honor code".)
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 01:18:39 AM »

Do liberals want a lawless society, or do they want an authoritarian regime that represses free speech?  I can never tell.

Assuming the worst, what liberal democrats want is 1) ultimate sexual freedom, 2) mandatory confiscation of guns, 3) weakening of the first amendment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies