Who is more likeable ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:43:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is more likeable ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 106

Author Topic: Who is more likeable ?  (Read 3574 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: May 21, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »

Definitely more people find Trump likable than Hillary. Definitely more people (and by a greater margin) find Trump unlikable than Hillary. Answered Hillary since the net effect of "likability" in this election will help her, but the true answer here is kind of nuanced.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:38:18 PM »

Definitely more people find Trump likable than Hillary. Definitely more people (and by a greater margin) find Trump unlikable than Hillary. Answered Hillary since the net effect of "likability" in this election will help her, but the true answer here is kind of nuanced.

Vosem, try to keep your integrity. Don't let your hatred of Trump cloud your judgement. Don't join the Hilbot army that dominates this forum.

I don't intend to join any sort of Hillbot army (my hatred for Hillbot is maybe one notch below my hatred for Trump, and I have every intention of voting third-party), but you have to consider (in addition to Hillary having a better favorability ranking than Trump right now, period) that Hillary has had a positive favorability ranking in the past, which Trump has never had since he entered politics, which strongly suggests that Hillary is more likable than Trump (more people like her, and way more people have liked her).

I don't like Hillary, but it's hackishness to suggest that she's not overwhelmingly favored to win the election. Until the moment comes when the Trumpists realize their candidate is an underdog (or the landscape radically changes, I suppose), I'll probably end up on the side of the Hillbots in most arguments. But don't let it make you believe I'm one of them Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies