Opinion of the Labor Management Relations Act of 1947 (Taft-Hartley) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:33:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Labor Management Relations Act of 1947 (Taft-Hartley) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FA

HA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion of the Labor Management Relations Act of 1947 (Taft-Hartley)  (Read 2054 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: November 11, 2014, 06:32:25 PM »
« edited: November 11, 2014, 06:34:05 PM by Redalgo »

I like much of it but the jurisdictional restrictions are awful, as were the vulnerabilities left for supervisors and the unconstitutional pieces that required union leaders to submit formal declarations of loyalty to the state and opposition to communism. I'm not sure what to think of the NLRB, meanwhile. It seems to be a corporatist entity. Without knowing how useful it is or what alternatives exist it would be silly to comment either in support or opposition to its existence.

Overall, it would be alright as policy if not for being combined with capitalism and a liberal workfare regime. So I voted HA with some hesitation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies