Moderate Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:58:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Moderate Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moderate Republicans  (Read 12009 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: July 02, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »

I don't consider myself a moderate (with the exception of some environmental issues and some social issues where I take a more libertarian approach), but it drives me nuts when the party acts like a bunch of hacks and is unwilling to compromise.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »

I don't consider myself a moderate (with the exception of some environmental issues and some social issues fiscal and labor issues where I take a more libertarian communitarian approach), but it drives me nuts when the party acts like a bunch of hacks and is unwilling to compromise.

^^^ Basically this.

Oddly even more than being unwilling to compromise, the Republicans' problem is also they we are marketing ourselves as unwilling to compromise. Sort of like how some of the left on here like nothing more to advertise how extreme they are, the GOP seems to be trying to do this in real life. A lot of times that's a bigger electoral problem than whether or not we're willing to compromise in the first place.

They had to to win the Tea Party vote (and to avoid getting primaried)... now they're stuck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies