looks like Tsipras has folded (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:18:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  looks like Tsipras has folded (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: looks like Tsipras has folded  (Read 8221 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« on: July 15, 2015, 02:56:48 PM »
« edited: July 15, 2015, 06:50:06 PM by eric82oslo »

Ultimately, Germany owes a lot to the Eurozone. It allows them to have a weak currency and boosts their exports. You'd think they'd be interested in making sure it sticks together...
3: Giving the Greek debt forgiveness are moore dangerous of EZ than not giving them it.

When can that be more dangerous, when IMF has repeatedly claimed that that's the only way in which the Greek economy will not collaps entirely? If the new EZ agreement is carried out as planned, IMF estimates that the Greek debt to GDP will reach at least 200% already within the next 2 years. Unless you're Japan or the US, or have an enormous export sector like China, that's simply not sustainable.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »

Ultimately, Germany owes a lot to the Eurozone. It allows them to have a weak currency and boosts their exports. You'd think they'd be interested in making sure it sticks together...
3: Giving the Greek debt forgiveness are moore dangerous of EZ than not giving them it.

When can that be more dangerous, when IMF has repeatedly claimed that that's the only way in which the Greek economy will not collaps entirely?

A complete Greek collapse while unfortunal would have little real effect on EZ. While telling any of the other south European countries that the Greek negotiation tactic was a viable option would be potential devastating. Spain if they adopted the Greek negotiation tactic could fully destroy the EZ, and they would be to big a country to save.

I'm not talking about the euro zone, I'm talking about Greece. If all you care about is the euro zone, then you sound like an egoist to me. Btw, Spain has never had a debt problem, it has long been one of the least indebted countries in Western Europe, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Their structural problems are completely different, it's all about unemployment and an unfortunate housing bubble just like we saw in the US and now in China. That's more a sign of excessive prosperity than disaster in a way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies