BREAKING: Snowe not running!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BREAKING: Snowe not running!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Snowe not running!!!!  (Read 12075 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 29, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »
« edited: February 29, 2012, 04:44:13 PM by Nathan »

Does this mean both House seats might be open?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:10:57 PM »

After her birth control mandate vote, good riddance.
I will say just opposite: "Thank you, Senator Snowe, for being true to your principles. Even after announcing retirement.."

What are her principles?

I too am wondering this, unless the Golden Mean Fallacy can be considered a principle.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »

I feel bad for Snowe, but if she had actually carved out some coherent thought process or political praxis that was moderate rather than just trying to play balancing acts for her whole career she might not have ended up in this situation.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:18 PM »

I feel bad for Snowe, but if she had actually carved out some coherent thought process or political praxis that was moderate rather than just trying to play balancing acts for her whole career she might not have ended up in this situation.

The Republican party doesn't welcome moderates.

I meant if she had done so from the beginning. If she had a more forceful personality she might be able to just spend her time trolling the rest of the Senate Republican Conference the way Murkowski, who isn't even actually particularly moderate all things considered (or, at least, who didn't used to be), does.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »

I too am wondering this, unless the Golden Mean Fallacy can be considered a principle.

Look at my answer to redcommander))))

Very admirable things, except in this situation it wasn't often that she was compromising constructively so much as, as somebody else pointed out, being willing to vote for pretty much anything as long as it was or seemed to be a cheaper version of something else. I have no doubt that she valued moderation and compromise and practiced them to the best of her ability but she just wasn't forceful enough to be a successful broker most of the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies