SB 29-14: I am A Robot Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:09:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 29-14: I am A Robot Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 29-14: I am A Robot Act (Failed)  (Read 1334 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: April 03, 2021, 04:22:37 PM »

I'm admittedly quite unsure about this legislation; I know I'm largely repeating what was said in the House thread but I'm somewhere between being happy if they didn't exist/where reformed heavily but unsure if we should be heading in the direction of this legislation.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 01:43:07 PM »

I'm admittedly quite unsure about this legislation; I know I'm largely repeating what was said in the House thread but I'm somewhere between being happy if they didn't exist/where reformed heavily but unsure if we should be heading in the direction of this legislation.

What is the source of the uncertainty, the action of regulating this in general? or just the way in which this bill does it?

Just in the way this bill does; I suppose it's slightly hypocritical because I supported (its my bill) quite tough regulations around privacy on social media & advertising- so I don't believe we don't have the power to do it, I'm just unsure if it's the right thing to do. 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 04:44:40 PM »

I've actually seen more and more ones recently that just require you to tick a box; I'm not an expert on how CAPTCHAs but I've always been quite sceptical of them from a security purpose- so I am leaning towards supporting this bill.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 04:04:41 AM »

Motion for a final vote

edit: I think this is one of those ones where we're not going to amend it so lets just give it an up or down vote
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 05:45:47 AM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies