Filed my income tax return today. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:39:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Filed my income tax return today. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Filed my income tax return today.  (Read 1788 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: January 28, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »

Still waiting on a W-2 and being able to file my S-Corp.  I also have to go into my brokerage account for dividends/capital losses.  I may know taxes, but I'm a clusterf!@k with investing.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »

My grandfather said he paid no income taxes on the $95,000 income he received last year. I'm not entirely sure how he managed that.

Mostly capital gains and other income tax free retirement payments?

Good to see you've sobered up since your last post, you shameless attention whore. Wink

Could also be tax free municipal bond interest.  I once had a client when I worked at a CPA firm with $350,000 in that alone!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »

My federal income tax percentage is still higher than Mitt Romney's. Great job capitulating on the fiscal cliff, you stupid Democrats.

I would conclude mine is as well. I haven't finished all the details, but I had to do enough to fill out FAFSA for two kids this year. The impact of my wife taking on extra contract work to pay for the college generates a lot of tax. Right now it looks like I'll pay just under 17% of my adjusted gross income as tax. Almost a quarter of that is self-employment tax.

SE taxes are a highly regressive bitch aren't they?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies