Filed my income tax return today.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:44:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Filed my income tax return today.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Filed my income tax return today.  (Read 1794 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »

My federal income tax percentage is still higher than Mitt Romney's. Great job capitulating on the fiscal cliff, you stupid Democrats.

I would conclude mine is as well. I haven't finished all the details, but I had to do enough to fill out FAFSA for two kids this year. The impact of my wife taking on extra contract work to pay for the college generates a lot of tax. Right now it looks like I'll pay just under 17% of my adjusted gross income as tax. Almost a quarter of that is self-employment tax.

SE taxes are a highly regressive bitch aren't they?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 01:51:57 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2013, 01:54:30 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

My federal income tax percentage is still higher than Mitt Romney's. Great job capitulating on the fiscal cliff, you stupid Democrats.

I would conclude mine is as well. I haven't finished all the details, but I had to do enough to fill out FAFSA for two kids this year. The impact of my wife taking on extra contract work to pay for the college generates a lot of tax. Right now it looks like I'll pay just under 17% of my adjusted gross income as tax. Almost a quarter of that is self-employment tax.

But the sad thing is even if you ignore the payroll taxes, which Romney doesn't even pay, and I have plenty that I or my employer pay, I paid a higher percentage of just federal income taxes than Romney.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 02:10:27 AM »

Don't worry, Memphis.  The Baby Boomers may be too selfish to pay taxes at a higher than 0% rate, but they are also selflessly willing to make sure we aren't left with a mountain of debt by making themselves the last to collect Medicare and Social Security benefits before repealing the program completely.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 12:16:17 PM »

But the sad thing is even if you ignore the payroll taxes, which Romney doesn't even pay, and I have plenty that I or my employer pay, I paid a higher percentage of just federal income taxes than Romney.
1. Romney never released much tax info so it's a hard comparison to make.
2. I doubt very much you paid >10% in income taxes. Not a large percent of people do.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies