Chaos in the China stock market! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:31:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Chaos in the China stock market! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chaos in the China stock market!  (Read 5666 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: July 06, 2015, 08:25:01 PM »

Your thoughts?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 04:53:26 AM »

Interesting Simfan. I wonder how many white elephants are flying home to roost. Ive heard that currently most of the power plants built in the frenzy days are running at ridiculously low capacity or even mothballed; and about entire ghost cities - but I hadn't fathomed the scale of it. I wonder what the political consequences of a Chinese recession (!) may be.

This will probably be good for the European solar industry as well, which was almost wiped out entirely by Chinese dumping.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 02:29:36 PM »

Gorby misjudged. He thought glasnost would be essential for revitalising the USSR in that if citizens were free to express their views, the government would automatically work to fix the problem. However, it quickly became a positive feedback loop when people realised their longstanding gripes were shared by the citizenry, transforming the Soviet public opinion from dull disapproval to inflamed and angry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies