Santorum 2012 = McGovern 1984? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:57:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum 2012 = McGovern 1984? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum 2012 = McGovern 1984?  (Read 2323 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: February 03, 2011, 12:10:57 AM »

One big difference between McGovern and Santorum, however, is that McGovern, unlike Santorum, never compared himself to one of the greatest statesmen in history, Winston Churchill.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like Santorum, and believe he was a good Senator.  As a Presidential candidate, however, he is seriously lacking, like McGovern.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:04:41 AM »

I have a tough time seeing how one can completely rule out Palin (in the primary as well as the general) and yet think Santorum is capable of winning both.

No sane individual seriously believes that Santorum is capable of winning one, let alone both.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:28:10 AM »

I have a tough time seeing how one can completely rule out Palin (in the primary as well as the general) and yet think Santorum is capable of winning both.

No sane individual seriously believes that Santorum is capable of winning one, let alone both.

Glad to see you like Santorum's chances, Winfield.

Ah, but Phil my witty friend, you seem to be confused.  You see, being perfectly sane, it is clear to me that Santorum's campaign will begin as ludicrous and end as whimsical.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »

Ah, but Phil my witty friend, you seem to be confused.  You see, being perfectly sane, it is clear to me that Santorum's campaign will begin as ludicrous and end as whimsical.

Fair enough, Winfield. At least my candidate stands for something. Is yours a moderate again? Or maybe to the left of Ted Kennedy this week? Reagan Conservative or an "Independent during Reagan - Bush?"

Well, I will have to say that, in my view, Romney will run from the right to win the nomination and then run from the center to win the election.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:53:32 AM »

Phil, I really have to admit that your pick up, wit, and humor in your reply here is excellent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies