Oklahoma: Edwards and Clinton tied, Giuliani leads among Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:12:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Oklahoma: Edwards and Clinton tied, Giuliani leads among Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma: Edwards and Clinton tied, Giuliani leads among Republicans  (Read 2439 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: May 16, 2007, 04:25:07 PM »

I don't understand why nobody believes someone who LIVES IN OKLAHOMA.  You guys are making it seem like I don't know anything about my own state.  Believe me, Oklahoma may not go Democrat, but we won't be any more than 53-57% Republican.  Jim Inhofe has a 70% chance of being unseated.  John Edwards really could win Oklahoma against Guiliani or make it very competitive.

You guys are dismissing Oklahoma as an irrelevant, unimportant, hopelessly Republican state for the rest of eternity.

John Edwards could pull 45% in Oklahoma.  The rest of the candidates wouldn't be able to break 40%.

I'd be open to listening to the "Jim Inhofe has a 70% chance of being unseated remark", except for the 58% approval mark this poll gives him.  If there's any way you can reconcile the two without resorting to the "poll is completely wrong" type of statement, please do so.

(of course the poll could be wrong, but the odds of that are still 1 in 20).

I can see your point, however, I seriously see the Republican having a hard time breaking 60% in 2008.  Hillary Clinton would let them get close or maybe 61-62% upon further review.  Obama would give them 57-58%.  Richardson would give them 54-56% and Edwards would give them 52-55%.  Rudy Guiliani, while he is popular in Oklahoma because of his help with April 19, 1995, would struggle in the general election.  Mitt Romney, though being a Mormon, might be able to pull 57-58% while John McCain would pull in the mid-50s.  Mike Huckabee is the one candidate in the Republican field who could run away with 60-63% of the vote.

But, I will agree that, at least for 2008, Oklahoma is most likely to go Republican, but we'll have to re-evaluate for 2012.

I can't explain why Jim Inhofe is polling as high as he is and I will not say the poll is completely wrong.  I'd be interested to know who they polled, were they mostly Republicans, or were there a fair mix.  Remember, there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in Oklahoma.  So, the statement that that's all there was, won't work here.

For now, I will still give Jim Inhofe a 70% of being ousted until I hear who the takers of the poll were.  I may or may not revise that 70% after I hear that.

How much would you like to wager that Inhofe gets reelected?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies