Oklahoma: Edwards and Clinton tied, Giuliani leads among Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:42:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Oklahoma: Edwards and Clinton tied, Giuliani leads among Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Oklahoma: Edwards and Clinton tied, Giuliani leads among Republicans  (Read 2440 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 12:21:03 AM »

Inhofe may or may not win.  I'm still holding out hope that the Oklahoma voters will wake up and see what an idiot this guy is.  That's being nice, of course.  Like I said, we have some voters who are idiots themselves, so they'll probably vote to keep him in office.  Realistically, stupid voters aside, there shouldn't be any reason why we can't have a Democratic Senator come January 2009. 

The problem with your logic is that you simply can't put the stupid voters aside because the stupid voters are the majority in your state. Bush still has a positive approval rating there. Same with Inhofe. This is why Oklahoma is a joke.

Everyone well knows that Oklahoma is not a joke.  Just because some people think we're not as "developed" as New York or California, they are flat WRONG.  We are equally as strong and as vital to the success of this nation as those two states.  As I've said before many times, the 9 people who live in Lambert, Oklahoma are equally as important as the 9,000,000 people who live in New York City and should be viewed as such and their needs met just as much.

I take offense to people who think Oklahoma is a joke.  This is THE BEST STATE in the country.

Okay... but I was referring to the politics of Oklahoma. Which is a joke. When your state elects nutters like Inhofe and keeps them with a positive approval rating, then yes, that is laughable in a sad way. I won't humor you, I'll just say it.

Alright, I'll agree with you there that the politics of Oklahoma leave something to be desired.  I won't say its a joke, but its very close.  I understand that Oklahoma is very conservative, but the people of my state need to look past the party and see that Inhofe and Coburn are detrimental to their own state.  I was encouraged in 2006 as Democrats unseated 2 or 3 Republicans in down-ballot statewide offices including Lt Governor and Labor Commissioner and I think those trends can continue into 2008 if the voters will just WAKE UP.  I'm to the point now where I want anybody but Inhofe, even if he or she's a Republican which is even more doubtful.

I wasn't trying to jump down your throat.  I hope you didn't take it that way, and if so, I apologize.  I just had to get some clarification on the phrase "Oklahoma is a joke".  I should have just asked you to clarify instead of ranting and raving about moot points that people already believe.

I like the people of Oklahoma. I've been there several times and they are quite nice. But their politics is just awful.

Thank you Smiley  Sorry, I'm just tired.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 01:05:47 AM »

Oklahoma City Democrat,

The Dems don't have a chance at the state or making it close.  Edwards might do ok, but would still lose everyone else would get crushed.  Granted could be an outlier, but still...  Any state that at this point gives Bush a positive approval rating (though barley) and not only elect Senators such as Inhofe & Coburn, but about 60% approve of the job they are doing is a conservative hellhole.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »

Oklahoma City Democrat,

The Dems don't have a chance at the state or making it close.  Edwards might do ok, but would still lose everyone else would get crushed.  Granted could be an outlier, but still...  Any state that at this point gives Bush a positive approval rating (though barley) and not only elect Senators such as Inhofe & Coburn, but about 60% approve of the job they are doing is a conservative hellhole.

I agree. Oklahoma voting for the Democrats is like the Austrian State of Vorarlberg suddenly voting for the Social Democrats, after enabling the Center-Right a vote of 60-70% in every election since WW2 ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 05:39:01 AM »

I am fairly certain this poll is rigged.

Everyone other poll shows Inofe as unpopular.

What polls are you referring to ? There are not many OK polls other than this one ...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies