Game changing endorsement: Nicki Minaj (R) backs Romney. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:18:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Game changing endorsement: Nicki Minaj (R) backs Romney. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game changing endorsement: Nicki Minaj (R) backs Romney.  (Read 5349 times)
Foucaulf
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »

I'm glad Republicans didn't seize this while they had the chance, and the condescension/cluelessness of the liberal criticisms convinced me why I'm not a Democrat. Good news all around!

After her "endorsement," some radio personalities were discussing Tweets from people saying that she ought to be killed. Now nevermind the fact that those statements should have been disavowed immediately. Nevermind the fact that someone with even a shred of decency should have rhetorically asked, "She's not allowed to have a different opinion?" No, that isn't important, you see. What was important was the fact that she was "being sarcastic." That's what the personalities said to their audience.

Surely she's not the first celebrity to receive death threats for her opinions; I think it's more a psychological thing than an ethical one.

What usually takes place with these quotes is that they're deleted after those who typed them are flooded with hate mail accusing their heartlessness. No time to check right now, so feel free to call me out on that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies