The Atlantic: How Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:37:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Atlantic: How Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlantic: How Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration  (Read 7002 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: June 20, 2017, 01:07:14 PM »

Very good article, thanks for posting.  I won't tell a liberal what to think, but I think immigration coming to the forefront over the past 5-6 years especially has really shown who's who in the "liberal" side of the spectrum in America.  Some Democrats care a lot more about not being the type of person that would "oppose (illegal) immigration" rather than being the type of person that would vote for what's best for the most vulnerable Americans ... the latter has usually more often defined a liberal in American politics.
Americans is the key word. There is nothing that is not liberal or progressive about supporting immigration policy that protects vulnerable Americans, not Hondurans or Syrians.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »

Very good article, thanks for posting.  I won't tell a liberal what to think, but I think immigration coming to the forefront over the past 5-6 years especially has really shown who's who in the "liberal" side of the spectrum in America.  Some Democrats care a lot more about not being the type of person that would "oppose (illegal) immigration" rather than being the type of person that would vote for what's best for the most vulnerable Americans ... the latter has usually more often defined a liberal in American politics.
Americans is the key word. There is nothing that is not liberal or progressive about supporting immigration policy that protects vulnerable Americans, not Hondurans or Syrians.

I meant to convey that if I didn't.
Ah, okay.

Anyway, this article does raise good points. If only Democrats would listen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies