BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:06:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death  (Read 7719 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: May 15, 2015, 03:29:58 PM »

Oppose the state killing any its own citizens on ideological grounds, but can't feel sorry for this guy at all.

He certainly didn't.

And to the poster who said, "Aren't we supposed to be better than them?" ... WE ARE.  We're ridding the world of an unrepentant, psychopathic murderer who made a direct attack on our innocent citizens and, more broadly, our way of life.

Good decision, and I hope he rots in hell.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »

To those who say 'we're ridding the world of evil!!' I have to ask why? My personal ethical and moral opposition to the death penalty aside, I have to ask why. Why the death penalty when he'll never ever get out of that prison in Colorado to hurt someone ever gain. What does this seek to achieve  other than creating a martyr to be held in high regard. You're giving him the short end of the stick.

I won't get into a huge debate because this is one of the few political issues where I form my opinion largely with my "gut" more than with cold, hard logic, but I will at least give you the courtesy of a response: there are certain people who have so disrespected others' lives that I think they need to lose the very thing they took.  I know, I know, the prison might be worse than death, he'll likely never escape and it really doesn't do anyone "any good" to execute him ... but I do not think he deserves to even inhale another breath or have another thought; I don't think he deserves one more second of being conscious or  sentient.

I'm sure that sounds ridiculous to many, but that's how I feel.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »

To those who say 'we're ridding the world of evil!!' I have to ask why? My personal ethical and moral opposition to the death penalty aside, I have to ask why. Why the death penalty when he'll never ever get out of that prison in Colorado to hurt someone ever gain. What does this seek to achieve  other than creating a martyr to be held in high regard. You're giving him the short end of the stick.

I won't get into a huge debate because this is one of the few political issues where I form my opinion largely with my "gut" more than with cold, hard logic, but I will at least give you the courtesy of a response: there are certain people who have so disrespected others' lives that I think they need to lose the very thing they took.  I know, I know, the prison might be worse than death, he'll likely never escape and it really doesn't do anyone "any good" to execute him ... but I do not think he deserves to even inhale another breath or have another thought; I don't think he deserves one more second of being conscious or  sentient.

I'm sure that sounds ridiculous to many, but that's how I feel.

The bolded part is basically an admission that you just want the death penalty implemented to satisfy your own bloodlust.  You do realize that, right?

I think I did a pretty good job of explaining why I still want it in the following sentences, and "bloodlust" certainly wasn't the takeaway a rational, unbiased reader would take away from it.  If you want to mock me or twist my words to help your political narrative, whatever; I really don't care.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies