Gore 2008 = Nixon 1968 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:13:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Gore 2008 = Nixon 1968 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gore 2008 = Nixon 1968  (Read 2868 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: October 31, 2005, 11:06:45 PM »

But the real reason I hold on to this faint hope is simple: 2000.  I was 9-10 years old at the time, and it was the first election I really followed closely.  And, I feel like Gore won, becuase, I think he did.  Probably until the day I die it'll hurt me just a little bit that he never became president, because I had so much emotionally invested in it, and, I fell that is the election was fairly played out, he'd have won.

It will hurt Gore until the day he dies, but I really think you'll get over it long before you die, provided you have a long and healthy life (which I hope you do).

I remember hearing about a meeting between George McGovern and Walter Mondale in 1985.  Mondale mentioned his electoral defeat, and asked McGovern when it stops hurting.  McGovern answered, "when it does, I'll let you know."

But for the rest of us, life goes on.  I was very upset when Carter won in 1976.  My mom actually cried at the election results that year.  It was another close election, like 2000, with allegations of voter fraud.  But as time goes on, you see that it was part of a larger plan.  Now, the 1976 election results don't bother me at all, except for the fact that we have to listen to that arrogant old scold Carter shooting his mouth off about things he should shut up about.  If he'd lost in 1976, we'd never have heard from him again, and that would have been a blessing.

1976 and 2000 have nothing to do with each other. Both Carter 1976 and Gore 2000 won both the popular vote, and the election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:08:18 PM »

The Parallels between Gore and Nixon are certainly uncanny, but I don't think Gore will run and win.

Never the less I would like to see him run and signed the petition.

Yes, a Nixon paralell minus the curroption would be great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies