Gubernatorial Ratings - June 15 SurveryUSA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:52:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gubernatorial Ratings - June 15 SurveryUSA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gubernatorial Ratings - June 15 SurveryUSA  (Read 2324 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:50:27 PM »

http://www.surveyusa.com/50State2006/50StateGovernor060615State.htm

Rendell at 58%? Taft and Murkowski battle for least approved of Governor. Kulgonski vulnerable at 32% approval? Hoeven of ND most approved of Governor.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 07:53:21 PM »

Carcieri on the downturn again.  I'll be watching that Rhode Island race intently.  I'm intrigued.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 07:58:01 PM »

Arnold's numbers have now been in the 30s for one year, though they seem to be improving of late. Perry's numbers are back on track.

OK, so now moderates are only 42-53 against him.
jman724
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 09:35:37 PM »

I'm starting to get worried that my governor might lose his spot as the least popular governor.  I want him to be number one at something. 
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 10:42:10 PM »

I made a couple of maps:

This map is approve versus disapprove (If the Governor is a R, then R>50% means more than 50% approve, D>50% means more than 50% disapprove, and vice-versa for Democrats):

Here's a map of which state has which party Governor for reference for the first map:

Finally, here's a map of straight approval versus disapproval (red=approve, blue=disapprove):

The Mountain West sure does love its Governors.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 10:50:48 PM »

Schweitzer rocks. He's a Democrat who isn't afraid to be a Democrat, so he's popular with the base, and yet at the same time is popular in a solid Bush state.

His ratings:
All 73%-20%
Republicans 50%-41%
Democrat 94%-4%
Ind. 81%-16%

Conservative 49%-39%
Moderate 82%-16%
Liberal 94%-3%

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 11:09:17 PM »

If one more poll shows Carcieri down, I'm moving RI to Dem pickup.

I wish there were more matchup polls from Oregon. But for now I have Kulongoski losing.

I'm not worried about Rendell at all anymore. I might even move him to Strong D.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 11:25:49 PM »

I wish there were more matchup polls from Oregon. But for now I have Kulongoski losing.

I'm not worried about Rendell at all anymore. I might even move him to Strong D.

No comment on Pawlenty's rating?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 01:10:46 AM »

No comment on Pawlenty's rating?

I didn't even notice it. The matchup polls are all I'm paying attention to actually.

Disapproval is up though. Quite good. I think the whole Twins stadium deal might be playing a role.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 01:13:32 AM »

I didn't even notice it. The matchup polls are all I'm paying attention to actually.

Isn't he doing better in those nowadays? How is Lourey looking in the primary? I know it's months away but I'd love to see her break away from the rest during the summer. I think you'd agree that Pawlenty would have a much better time against her than popular Hatch.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 01:24:59 AM »

Isn't he doing better in those nowadays? How is Lourey looking in the primary? I know it's months away but I'd love to see her break away from the rest during the summer. I think you'd agree that Pawlenty would have a much better time against her than popular Hatch.

The last one was that Rasmussen one that had Hatch up 10. Now I don't believe Hatch is up 10, but it definitely is a good one.

And Lourey would be much easier to beat, but her chances are only slightly better than Ford Bell's in the primary. It definitely didn't help acting like a sore loser after the convention (she could've just quietly later announced she was staying in the primary like Erlandson did in the 5th district rather than make a fuss about it)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 01:31:10 AM »

Carcieri on the downturn again.  I'll be watching that Rhode Island race intently.  I'm intrigued.

I would say this race and he Senate race comes down to one thing, the Chafee/ Laffey primary.  Chafee wins the Primary, this race much like the Senate race is a tossup.  laffey wins the primary, he gets blown out so badly in the General Election he sinks Carcieri with him.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 01:56:36 AM »

Governor Sleepy Ted seems to have little hope for re-election this November.

Saxton has really done a bit over the last week to bring back in alienated Conservatives (Big C), who by either staying home or voting third party presented the greatest threat to his candidacy. 

This is Saxton's race to lose at this point.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 02:04:13 AM »

Saxton has really done a bit over the last week to bring back in alienated Conservatives (Big C), who by either staying home or voting third party presented the greatest threat to his candidacy. 

The polls so far don't seem to agree, which is odd.  Maybe Saxton is just poorly known.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 02:11:56 AM »

Arnold's numbers have now been in the 30s for one year, though they seem to be improving of late. Perry's numbers are back on track.

It's an improvement from 34-62 last month...I don't want him to win either...

It should be noted that the Field poll now has Arnold at 46% and rising.  In my view SUSA has serious internal problems with the way they've structured their sample in my view, which has left them showing Schwarzengger with substantially lower approval ratigns than anyone else.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 04:03:46 AM »

It's an improvement from 34-62 last month...I don't want him to win either...

It should be noted that the Field poll now has Arnold at 46% and rising.  In my view SUSA has serious internal problems with the way they've structured their sample in my view, which has left them showing Schwarzengger with substantially lower approval ratigns than anyone else.

The lastest Field poll I see is more than two weeks old and has Arnold at 41%.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 09:57:26 AM »

with his high approval rating, joe manchin should be looked at as a potential VP pick.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 10:34:24 AM »

The polls so far don't seem to agree, which is odd.  Maybe Saxton is just poorly known.

The polls do not feature Westlund, and also are from firms who really are untested as far as Oregon is concerned.  Statewide (LOCAL) pollsters have posted more reliable numbers and have saxton ahead.  Can't provide the data though (subscribers only), so take that as you will.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 10:52:13 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2006, 11:26:52 AM by Vice President Q »

Conservative Party?

with his high approval rating, joe manchin should be looked at as a potential VP pick.

He'd guarantee WV, but would he help elsewhere?  He seems kind of particular to WV in terms of aura and such.  A perfect fit there but might be awkward anywhere else.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 11:05:35 AM »

Good news, Doyle has fallen furhter. Mark Green for Governor! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies