Will Cruz's popularity in Texas encourage the Democrats to target Texas in 2018? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:37:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Cruz's popularity in Texas encourage the Democrats to target Texas in 2018? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Cruz's popularity in Texas encourage the Democrats to target Texas in 2018?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Will Cruz's popularity in Texas encourage the Democrats to target Texas in 2018?  (Read 2387 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: March 12, 2017, 10:55:05 PM »

It would be a waste of money for Dems to target Cruz.

I have to agree. I really don't get why people keep mentioning TX for a possible 2018 pickup, even in a wave. I get Cruz is an awful person, but Texas seems like a reliable GOP seat for years to come yet.

Democrats would be better off shoring up all their most vulnerable seats in hopes of breaking even so they can try and put the chamber in play in 2020.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 01:45:25 PM »

I think it might be helpful if Democrats start regularly putting good money into organizing and establishing real infrastructure in Texas, particularly the urban centers, maybe work for legislative seats here and there, but to seriously try and knock out Cruz absent a historic Democratic tsunami, well, I think that would be a waste. Texas doesn't seem to be at the point yet where Democrats can seriously contest a major statewide race - at least based on what has been so far. However, building up the state party to working slowly towards that goal would be a fine idea.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies