Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:27:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September)  (Read 144550 times)
adma
« on: December 06, 2011, 07:19:16 AM »

8 pt improvement for the PQ over '08, PLQ under 50. So she'll be spinning a moral victory for the next while.

I suppose QS might, too, for quadrupling the ADQ.
adma
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »

Still, I can't imagine the PQ that high and the ADQ that low as per the predictions.
adma
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 06:43:17 AM »

It's a little like Ottawa Centre relative to the rest of Ottawa.
adma
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »

At this rate, I'm even wondering whether Charest might pull off an "Alison Redford surprise"--not by winning, but by getting the most votes and/or seats, or at least outdoing the direst predictions on devil-you-know grounds; the fact that the three main parties remain within 5-10 points of each other hints at such a possibility.  (Not probability.  Possibility.)

The possibility that Charest *might* snatch yet another Sherbrooke victory from the jaws of certain defeat suggests as much.  (Not "will".  "Might".)
adma
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »

...what happens if the PQ fail to hit 63 and the CAQ/PLQ combined also fail to hit 63? Could we be looking a total disaster?

Easy.  Quebec Solidaire can prop up the PQ minority.
adma
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »

Well, it comes as close to the "Alison Redford surprise" situation for the Grits as could have been managed, all things considered.
adma
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »

Doubt Bellemare was ever interested and he's way too mavericky (scarlet letter in the PLQ), plus endorsing Cardin in Sherbrooke nuked whatever possibility there was.

Come to think of it, there ought to be more mention out there of how Charest's personal loss may have had less to do w/Charest per se than w/the "heavy hitter" strength of Serge Cardin, particularly in the event of a PQ government.  Indeed, had the PQ fallen short of Lib seat numbers and Marois forced to resign, I could see Cardin as a strong candidate for her replacement...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies