Webb: Democratic Party has moved "way far to the left" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 02:12:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Webb: Democratic Party has moved "way far to the left" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Webb: Democratic Party has moved "way far to the left"  (Read 5914 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: July 12, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2015, 01:43:58 PM by Adam T »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Voting for Obamacare, the stimulus and Dodd-Frank were the correct, responsible decisions.

I don't know whether your comment on Iraq is meant as satire or not.

You call yourself 'dudeabides' but you clearly have much more in common with Walter Sobchak, though intellectually you may be closer to Donny Kerabatsos.  

I don't know why any Dumbya II supporter would want to be associated with such a hippy film either though Jeb is quite similar to the real Big Lebowski.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 03:06:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

1.Stimulus: https://www.economy.com/dismal/analysis/datapoints/249244/Economists-Agree-The-Stimulus-Worked/

2.Dodd-Frank has weaknesses which need to be corrected, but, in general, it is a step in the right direction to preventing more financial breakdowns.  It's the Republican attempts to weaken Dodd-Frank to reopen things up for the bankers who gamble with other people's money that has the potential to hurt middle and lower income Americans.

3.Obamacare, there are some stories of people who have had their insurance rise significantly or who have lost their doctor, and some of these are likely true, and a subset of them likely were due to Obamacare, but all the polls and research clearly show that there are vastly more people, including the middle and lower income people you profess to care about, who have been helped by Obamacare.

Other than some small banks and credit unions who have been harmed by the Dodd-Frank regulations, I fail to see how any small or medium sized business has been harmed by any of these things.  In the case of the stimulus, the United States was almost certainly saved from going into a much deeper recession if not a serious depression, though TARP and quantitative easing likely played a much greater roll in preventing those things than the stimulus.

I actually agree with you on the Iraq War vote in 2006.  Though in hindsight, it's pretty clear that it was the bribing of the various factions in Iraq that ended the sectarian violence at that time, and not the surge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies