The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:48:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 171723 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: May 02, 2022, 10:50:15 PM »

8 pages on this in two hours and real issues like inflation are lucky to get two

Abortion, regardless of your view on it, is a very real issue unless you're a smugly sheltered male who can afford to not care. Does that describe you?

Yeah sure smugly sheltered whatever lol I don't care

I don't get the rich part though. Don't you mean "afford to care"?
Most everyone else is getting hit in their wallet because of these prices.

You have to be a certain level of wealthy to consider this an important issue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1751 on: May 03, 2022, 12:42:03 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2022, 12:46:48 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Alot of users say they are giddy about an R Takeover, but in reality nothing absolutely nothing is gonna change from here on out if Rs get control, there aren't gonna be any stimulus checks, the Rs gave them out during Trump but we know that Rs cut BBB because they didn't want to raise Corporate taxes from 20)27 PERCENT and if there is a Ukraine war going on we still have to spend extra money on Ukraine aid.

But, being excited over an R takeover, it's gonna be the same as now because Rs are just gonna cut more spending they already cut the extra food stamps we got

If Rs takeover they're not getting a huge majority it will be plenty of make up for D's with entrenched incumbent in a favorable Senate ma, 2024  if it's 230 or less to take it back in 24 because a Prez Election is more Favorable to party in Power because an incumbent usesly gets 50 percent in a Prez not stuck in the 40s

I am so giddy about an R takeover nothing is gonna change, they're not giving out stimulus checks, Newsom didn't even give everyone here a state stimulus and this is Entitlements California
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1752 on: May 04, 2022, 05:34:02 PM »

Jesus Christ, just say "people". "Birthing bodies" appeals to no one.

Or just say women.

That wouldn't be inclusive to trans men or AFAB non-binary people.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1753 on: May 04, 2022, 06:24:28 PM »

Jesus Christ, just say "people". "Birthing bodies" appeals to no one.
Or just say women.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1754 on: May 04, 2022, 06:29:07 PM »

This isn’t the simple truths thread
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1755 on: May 04, 2022, 06:37:48 PM »

It isn't a simple truth for the reasons that Ferguson said in that thread.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1756 on: May 04, 2022, 06:44:23 PM »

The real question is who wins Florida in a birthing body/AFAB person matchup.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1757 on: May 04, 2022, 07:11:22 PM »

That wouldn't be inclusive to trans men or AFAB non-binary people.
Ladies, give it a rest! You're both absurd and ignorant! Trannies are people, but there's really no reason to argue over the terminology at a time like this.
Spoiler alert: CW: Nerd sh**t

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1758 on: May 04, 2022, 08:29:56 PM »

Dude. My opinion on fgthn's views 99% of the time border on legendary. But there is nothing whatsoever wrong about this post. Quite the opposite
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1759 on: May 04, 2022, 08:37:08 PM »

Dude. My opinion on fgthn's views 99% of the time border on legendary. But there is nothing whatsoever wrong about this post. Quite the opposite

Purple heart
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1760 on: May 04, 2022, 09:12:34 PM »

It baffles me that "birthing bodies" is actually becoming a thing. It sounds very dehumanizing, as if they are just machines to spit out babies.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1761 on: May 05, 2022, 04:42:44 AM »

Defamation/libel/slander laws should not exist, nor should copyright. They are infringements on free speech.

Pulling anything from pieman is unfairly low-hanging fruit. Posters like him are why the ignore button was created

The ignore button should be removed and these posters should be shamed without mercy for their insanity.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1762 on: May 05, 2022, 09:40:48 AM »

I know like 50% of Hollywood posts could go in this thread, but I didn’t even know how to respond to this one:

I mentioned this a few days ago, but Republicans risk falling into the trap of defending pre-Roe abortion bans that come back into effect if Roe is overturned. It's true that most Americans, when polled, would ban abortion somewhere between 12 and 24 weeks, but these laws go WAY further than that. Pre-Roe bans generally didn't make exceptions for rape or incest, and don't allow abortion at any stage of pregnancy. Hell, some of them could even be used to charge the woman.

You'd think that Republicans, especially running for election this November, would run on passing new laws that include some of those basic exceptions. Apparently you'd be wrong:

"In Michigan, Democratic Attorney General Dana Nessel faces a serious reelection challenge from a Republican who is promising to enforce a 1931 abortion ban that’s still on the books. On Monday night, Nessel posted video of her opponent, Matt DePerno, declaring that he would prosecute women and their doctors for abortion with no exceptions for rape, incest, or medical emergencies."

Source: https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/abortion-rights-statehouse-races/

If Republicans in other states are as stupid as DePerno, they are going to blow this election. I know that certain people on this forum believe that literally nothing can stop Democrats from losing in a landslide this November because it's a Biden midterm. But this is exceptional. Running on banning abortion from the moment of conception, even in cases of rape? You'd have a hard time winning in Missouri with positions that extreme, let alone Michigan.

Why would Republicans pass a new law when the constitutionality of the MS Law is currently being decided upon by the Supreme Court?  The whole purpose of states creating new laws back in 2018 and 2019 was to challenge the Constitutionality of Roe v. Wade.  I'll bet you MI Republicans tried to pass a bill, but got spooked by some BS poll.  Every Republican-controlled state was doing it.  How is it that you guys don't remember these important stories?  This was the whole set-up to overturn Roe that Trump promised.  Believe it or not, in 2016, Roe v. Wade was actually a factor that helped push Trump into office in the Ohio Valley, because die-hard lifers came out and the rest of his voters didn't care about the issue.

I don't even care about the issue.  Who the hell is even talking about abortion in MI other than the Governor?  I guess all the STD-infected A-Holes in Detroit are pretty triggered about the whole situation.  It's just one more thing to worry about.  Did you know that there is a growing trend in Detroit Mothers basing STDs like syphilis to their children.  Maybe Ds should F-ing focus on getting the BLM guys and Truvada LGBT whatever to wear condoms.  These groups literally got a drug so they could have sex despite HIV infection, and now their spear-heading the rise in STDs. lol.  These people clearly have more important things to worry about.  The economy is currently imploding with all the defaults and foreclosures starting to clog up the county court.  Detroit is one of the worst locations int he country experiencing deficiency of rent, home mortgage, auto, and credit card deficiency.  Half the state is worried they won't have enough money to spend on consumer goods.  People can't even pay their electricity bills in that state.  I can't believe that people wouldn't be pissed at Whitmer for locking down the state all the way into February of this year after throwing caution to the wind when she executed all those elderly people in nursing home with Cuomo's awesome 'Murder The Elderly Mandate'.  Pretty F-ing pathetic how no Democrat knew that viruses rapidly spread faster among humans while indoors.  It took them until May to figure out what I knew as a 16 year-old EMT.  

By the time November rolls around, I doubt Ds even have the numbers in Detroit on election day to overcome the wave of Trumpers.  Abortion?  I'd be surprised if more people came out or stay home due to all the homicides and other crime associated with D policies.  

If I had to highlight a single part of this deranged rant, it would probably be the part where he rails against the blacks and the gays for spreading STDs to children.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1763 on: May 05, 2022, 06:33:40 PM »

It baffles me that "birthing bodies" is actually becoming a thing.

Don't worry, it's really not (thank God).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1764 on: May 05, 2022, 06:54:00 PM »

Did not expect Portnoy of all people to say this, but hey.

Tbh he's just paranoid about accidentally impregnating a girl and having to pay child support.

But hey, if this kind of thing gets people on our side - I won't complain.

That's pretty much the only reason "pro-choice" men exist, whether they admit it or not.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1765 on: May 05, 2022, 07:02:01 PM »

Tbh he's just paranoid about accidentally impregnating a girl and having to pay child support.

That's pretty much the only reason "pro-choice" men exist, whether they admit it or not.

To be fair, anyone who's so terminally entrenched on one side of a debate can only think of the worst possible rationalizations for why others disagree. Take myself, for instance. I believe there are only two reasons that there are "cisgender" people (in quotation marks because one of them is, by definition, not cisgender) whose every waking thought is not "kill tranny". They either haven't figured out they're trans yet ("eggs"), or they're just trying to be polite.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1766 on: May 05, 2022, 07:34:16 PM »

To be fair, anyone who's so terminally entrenched on one side of a debate can only think of the worst possible rationalizations for why others disagree. Take myself, for instance. I believe there are only two reasons that there are "cisgender" people (in quotation marks because one of them is, by definition, not cisgender) whose every waking thought is not "kill tranny". They either haven't figured out they're trans yet ("eggs"), or they're just trying to be polite.

Traditionally, you're supposed to let other people post your absurdities in this thread, but I suppose your way saves time.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1767 on: May 05, 2022, 07:35:40 PM »

Traditionally, you're supposed to let other people post your absurdities in this thread, but I suppose your way saves time.

Peebs' posts have been getting gradually more unhinged over the past few months, to the point that I'm starting to worry. It seems like a cry for help.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1768 on: May 05, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »

Okay, yeah. I get what you mean. I probably shouldn't have elaborated with my own experiences as someone who is so convinced of my own internalized transphobia that it seems just plain old impossible for anyone to not be transphobic. I can cut back all that sh**t and just leave the point I was trying to make, but evidently you all think I'm crazy, so...
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1769 on: May 05, 2022, 11:11:29 PM »

On one hand, I get what you mean, but on the other, I don't know, there are an awful lot of people who spend an awful lot of time dunking on trannies.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1770 on: May 06, 2022, 12:06:08 AM »

Beat me to it.

That one is an absolute keeper. If this rain we're to have a worst of the worst the VIP section, that would be among the first in line.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1771 on: May 06, 2022, 08:16:17 AM »

I hope whoever leaked it gets horrible things happen to them. Leaking a document in order to pressure a justice to change their vote is an attempt at insurrection and should be punishable as such
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1772 on: May 06, 2022, 11:00:47 AM »

I hope whoever leaked it gets horrible things happen to them. Leaking a document in order to pressure a justice to change their vote is an attempt at insurrection and should be punishable as such

Oh the irony...
What would make these even worse/better/more ironic would be if Matty is one of those posters who insists January 6 wasn't an insurrection or something like that (many blue avatars do try to minimize January 6, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Matty was one such blue avatar).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1773 on: May 06, 2022, 12:48:58 PM »

Alot of Threads are odd, just like the thread is Sonia Sotomayor gonna retire, lol Biden helped Obama pick Sotomayor in the first place he was Veep because Reid was Majority Leader and he wanted consesus not partisans

Dianne Wood was the odds on Fag to replace Ginsberg

Anyways Manchin said he won't confirm anymore picks 6 mnths out from the Election
.some users make threads for the heck of it
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1774 on: May 06, 2022, 02:05:25 PM »

Okay, yeah. I get what you mean. I probably shouldn't have elaborated with my own experiences as someone who is so convinced of my own internalized transphobia that it seems just plain old impossible for anyone to not be transphobic. I can cut back all that sh**t and just leave the point I was trying to make, but evidently you all think I'm crazy, so...

What do you mean by "internalized transphobia?"
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies