Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:13:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas  (Read 2325 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: October 17, 2016, 03:38:16 PM »

Hey friends,

Over a decade ago, I attempted to end the federal recognition of Christmas, replacing it with a secular public holiday.  Although the idea was not popular then, good ideas never go bad.  It is time to bring back the campaign to abolish Christmas and replace it with greetings from the season!

Won't you show your support by joining my advocacy group, Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas?  The only way we can show our government the passion we have for this necessary change is by organizing!

Suggestions welcome!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »

only if said "secular public holiday" is referred to as "Harambe Day"
Certainly, with the abolition of Christmas and Easter, there will be room for new public holidays.  If anything, the number of public holidays should be increased!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 05:55:11 PM by Ebowed »

No. Christmas and Hanukkah should both exist, and if you want to abolish both, go to hell.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the federal government observes Hanukkah as a federal holiday.  One way of equalizing the religious favoritism would be to abstain from government sanctioned religious holidays.

To be clear, this group adamantly favors freedom of religion and conscience.  We would not support any laws criminalizing the personal celebration of Christmas or Hanukkah, obviously.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 09:23:14 PM »

To all those who wish to abolish Christmas, I have only two words

Merry Christmas

The commercialization of Christmas is exemplified by this premature greeting.  We should really be focusing on Halloween right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies