Loudoun Co. school board meeting on critical race theory/trans policy turns chaotic, 2 ppl arrested (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:08:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Loudoun Co. school board meeting on critical race theory/trans policy turns chaotic, 2 ppl arrested (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loudoun Co. school board meeting on critical race theory/trans policy turns chaotic, 2 ppl arrested  (Read 1108 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: June 23, 2021, 10:55:13 AM »
« edited: June 23, 2021, 07:04:47 PM by lfromnj »

Once again, critical race theory is not a real thing that is actually being taught in schools.  Can anyone point to a single school in the country where critical race theory is being taught?
https://news.yahoo.com/amazon-donated-hundreds-copies-ibram-144550798.html
In a follow-up email, the Arlington diversity officer requested 550 copies of Stamped with accompanying study guides “to really make this investment impactful.”
A few dozen miles away
Kendi is CRT, or whatever the definition is. Amazon may have donated the books but the school has decided to create a curriculum out of Kendi and they originally requested the books.

On the actual note though, these parents are very cringe and some of the offenders should be punished very harshly.

I admit myself I first saw this issue as pure red meat for a GOP base but after seeing the whining by DEI firms after Trump's executive order I realized it actually did have a decent effect.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2021/05/03/critical-race-theory-backlash/
Loudoun spokesman Wayde Byard confirmed the video was authentic, from a college-level English class that teaches students to “explore literature through applying a variety of literary theories.” The teacher was explaining how critical race theory works, Byard said, as one of several theories studied including structuralism, deconstructionism and feminism.

Funnily enough they literally admitted to it that they do teach the concept . Describing like this isn't that bad, although the lesson was absurd.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 12:16:08 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2021, 12:34:15 PM by lfromnj »

Once again, critical race theory is not a real thing that is actually being taught in schools.  Can anyone point to a single school in the country where critical race theory is being taught?
https://news.yahoo.com/amazon-donated-hundreds-copies-ibram-144550798.html
In a follow-up email, the Arlington diversity officer requested 550 copies of Stamped with accompanying study guides “to really make this investment impactful.”
A few dozen miles away
Kendi is CRT, or whatever the definition is. Amazon may have donated the books but the school has decided to create a curriculum out of Kendi and they originally requested the books.

On the actual note though, these parents are very cringe and some of the offenders should be punished very harshly.

I admit myself I first saw this issue as pure red meat for a GOP base but after seeing the whining by DEI firms after Trump's executive order I realized it actually did have a decent effect.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2021/05/03/critical-race-theory-backlash/
Loudoun spokesman Wayde Byard confirmed the video was authentic, from a college-level English class that teaches students to “explore literature through applying a variety of literary theories.” The teacher was explaining how critical race theory works, Byard said, as one of several theories studied including structuralism, deconstructionism and feminism.

Funnily enough they literally admitted to it that they do teach the concept .

snip

https://defendinged.org/incidents/instead-of-hot-spots-amazon-donates-for-stamped-books-and-author-talk/

Read the emails, the specific goals are to get the students indulged into "anti-racism"which as Kendi defines it is, an absurd concept.

I realize Amazons target for black history but we all know that anti-racism work requires all allies. Our collective ask is that we open up the possible opportunity for other HS students to listen to Kendi/Reynolds

I don't have any issue with expanding critical thinking. I learnt about Marxist critical analysis in HS as  part of one many different types of critical analysis and it was fine. The teacher just taught it, with no desire for the indoctrination.

Fairfax county also wants to implement it.

Now that I established CRT is being taught in NOVA the question is what should be done?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 04:42:51 PM »

This episode and these courageous parents give me a glimmer of hope that Youngkin might actually pull it off. And it also shows me that this, THIS, is how we can STOP thy bleeding in the suburbs!

Of course, I don’t want to be mistaken for a wishcaster. I said might, Atlasian mob!

These parents are not courageous. They are throwing a tantrum, disrupting a public meeting, and making their cause look like something supported only by radical agitators.

One video making the rounds on right-wing media even shows a man resisting arrest. We are supposed to view this sympathetically? People who believe that "freedom of speech" means that they have an absolute right to show up at a public meeting, dressed like slobs, toting crude signs, and shouting at public officials?

The school board should have had these clowns arrested in their dozens and stuffed into the back of several wagons. Americans ought to stop acting like hooligans and start acting like citizens.

Agreed their behavior is extremely silly. Just screeching and ruining the Star Spangled Banner should be borderline  grounds for treason.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 06:58:10 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2021, 07:03:46 PM by lfromnj »

Do you agree with and endorse every single viewpoint of every single author of every single book you've ever read?

If someone wanted to learn more about the history of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust, reading Mein Kampf would probably be useful. Does reading Mein Kampf mean that someone endorses Nazism?

Why does reading a book by Ibram X. Kendi imply you must agree with everything he says?

snip

Again this women was wholly supported by the Fairfax school district. School districts across the nation are wasting money on the grifter Kendi.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/30/fairfax-va-school-district-spent-24000-on-ibram-kendi-books-for-u-s-history-classes/
Sure enough, according to Caldwell, the school district spent about $10,000 buying Kendi’s book, “How to Be an Anti-Racist,” through Amazon, and doled out about $14,000 for his book “Stamped.”

This was not teacher doing a simple move but a school/district wide initiative to push this doctrine of being an "anti-racist"

I do agree with you that the right wingers at Loudoun are acting quite dumb, but the idea that nothing is happening is silly.  If nothing was happening than these DEI consultants/grifters wouldn't be complaining about the bans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies