S13: Amendment to Article IV, Sections 1-3 of the Southern Constitution (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:07:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S13: Amendment to Article IV, Sections 1-3 of the Southern Constitution (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S13: Amendment to Article IV, Sections 1-3 of the Southern Constitution  (Read 1764 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: June 17, 2017, 09:25:18 PM »

I have no issues with increasing the size of the Chamber, given that the South is large enough to support higher turnout and there is obviously a larger demand for candidates, but I am not sure how I feel about making the terms longer.

If someone can provide a good argument for why there should be fewer elections, I'm open to considering it.

Actually, my reasoning for decreasing the amount of elections was because I thought that it would allow the Chamber to do more. I was actually planning on introducing an amendment to the Rules or Constitution along with this that would have made it mandatory for the Chamber to go over and agree on the rules at the beginning of each session to avoid problems later.

I think a good allegory to our current situation would be the U.S. House. With elections happening every two years, they're basically campaigning/fundraising all the time. Making their terms longer would certainly help with that.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:34:01 AM »

Does anyone want to add anything before a final vote? I mean I doubt it given that everyone seemed to be okay with the amendment.
I'm OK with a final vote.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 12:21:29 PM »

If passed will we hold a special election to elect more reps or wait until July to have 7?
I would assume we wait, because we wouldn't have a mandated static number of delegates, just 5+.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »

Does anyone want to add anything before a final vote? I mean I doubt it given that everyone seemed to be okay with the amendment.
As vern1988's question has been resolved, I second the motion for a final vote.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 03:41:10 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies