Hurricane Katrina vs. Devastating Iowa 500 Year Flood (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hurricane Katrina vs. Devastating Iowa 500 Year Flood (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina vs. Devastating Iowa 500 Year Flood  (Read 14252 times)
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« on: June 23, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »

When will htmldon refrain from being partisan?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:31:04 PM »

Apparently Jsojourner's brother-in-law was asleep during any form of instruction regarding black history in the united states. Either that or he's someone pining for the antebellum days when slaves worked on the land and knew their place.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »

My bigot brother in law is circulating that email but with a different answer.  It reads the same until the end, where it says...

"because some breeds of people ruin everything they have and everything you give them...while other breeds can pull themselves up by there (sic) own bootstraps...."

In short, Katrina victims were whiny blacks with a chip on their shoulders and a sense of entitlement.  While midwest flood victims were mostly whites who believe in hard work and personal responsibility.

Given the racist crap that spews from a couple of forum member keyboards, I am surprised I have not seen this version of the email circulated here.
It has nothing to do with race, the people involved in Katrina did have a sense of entitlement and cared little about personal responsibility, just who they could blame for their problem.

They just happened to be black is all, right? 
I'm sure plenty of them were not, its just inner city people in general tend to be minorities.  If they were all white I'm sure the same thing would have happened.
If you enslave people for more than 2 centuries then deny them any rights for a further centery and when you do grant them rights/any integration you do it in a halting and slow manner don't be surprised if they turn out not to be well-adjusted, happy, middle class folks.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 06:39:52 PM »

Lumping anti-zionism to anti-semitism. Classy. <_<
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies