A gay Chancellor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:02:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  A gay Chancellor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would electing a homosexual Chancellor bring Germany into bad international repute?
of course
not quite, but he'll have a rough ride
depends on the Chancellor
not at all
there is no telling yet
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A gay Chancellor?  (Read 9177 times)
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 13, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »

A question for Germans: As of right now, what would you say are Wowereit's chances of being the SPD's nominee for Chancellor percentage wise?  And are there any polls showing how the SPD would fare if he were it's nominee?
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »

A question for Germans: As of right now, what would you say are Wowereit's chances of being the SPD's nominee for Chancellor percentage wise?

Uh, hard to say. 10%? 20% max.? Probably much closer to 10% after his decision to form a coalition with the CDU instead of one with the Greens in Berlin.

Gabriel, Steinmeier, and Steinbrück are the relevant potential candidates at the moment. Wowereit is probably fourth in line, maybe even fifth, if we count Olaf Scholz in.

And are there any polls showing how the SPD would fare if he were it's nominee?

We don't do such polls. There are only "which party would you vote for" and (hypothetical) "which Chancellor would you vote for" polls? I don't know if a Merkel vs. Wowereit poll was ever done though.

I know that, but there must be polls on how people's voting intentions would change depending on who a party was led by.  I realize it's by party, which I think is a much better system than the one we have in the US. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies