DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:29:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271682 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2021, 06:15:37 PM »

Impeach and Remove Trump now, or use the 25th amendment

100% co-signed. Trump has wrought this with his baseless conspiracy theories that have been struck down by every court imaginable. He needs to take full responsibility for this and leave office with his head bowed in shame in a noose

Corrected ( after a fair trial for numerous counts of inciting treason, of course)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2021, 06:22:55 PM »

If anything, Hawley and Cruz are now the frontrunners for 2020.

And you traitorous brownshirt wannabe thugs love it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2021, 06:27:30 PM »

Hillary voters never stormed the capital. You’re too intelligent to post moronic drivel like this.

Are we allowed to call Sanchez and his ilk Nazis again? Serious question.

This Goose stepper is actively enjoying this. Traitorous scum.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2021, 06:30:21 PM »

Let's call this by name: It's an attempted fascist coup. Ergo, this is treason.
Coup is a weird way to say riot.

Riot is a weird way to describe storming the Capitol.

How is it any different than BLM protesters storming, occupying and in some cases burning police precinct buildings?  Both types of power are legitimately constituted 

Name one time, one time you bad faith neo-Nazi suckling bad faith arguing want to be fascist, that BLM stormed a building armed with firearms and open fire? Name one time there was something more than a sit down strike buy actual BLM organizations as opposed to Wyndham rioters setting fire 98% of BLM Advocates disown.

Here, we have your party, repeat your party, actively throwing up kerosene on a fire 4 months, and now you try to disown and both sides the forest fire? Sod off, coward!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 06:34:49 PM »

Are any of y'all actually surprised cops are getting chummy with fascist militias even as they swarm the capitol? I wish I lived in y'alls world.

I think it's more likely that they are simply trying to avoid the optics of a bloodbath in the Capitol. I understand the logic of it, but I don't agree with it.

I mean, the fact that they're taking selfies with the mob suggests it goes a touch further than that.

Maybe? I'm willing to give possible Credence to the idea that, rule number one of any potential dangerous ride situation is build empathy and don't antagonize the mob. Obviously that has been ignored many times in the past year, but this guy may have just been following protocol and buttering the idiot mob up whom he doesn't support and will gladly arrest upon orders.

There absolutely needs to be an investigation here though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 06:40:15 PM »

Impeach, convict and remove Pres. Trump. He is a stain on our republic.

Conservatives who respect the rule of law, love their fellow man and support the principles of liberal democracy should, have and will denounce the travesty and treasonous behavior that is ongoing today.

Any Conservative who defends this insanity is unhinged and an extremist. You will not define us, we will kick you out.  

If you are in DC, please stay home if you can, please stay safe, hug your loved ones. Praying for you and DC. Praying for our country.

Bully for you. Genuinely.

Unfortunately, as completely true and right as your words are, I fear you are an extreme minority among Republicans and what defines conservatism today.

A few Republicans here of gone so far as to support impeaching Trump, but what about the nearly 200 Republican Senators and members of the House who actively aided, abetted, and encourage Trump for the exact incitement they call on him to be impeached for? Pretending like this is all at the feet of Donald Trump singularly is patently untrue.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 06:49:05 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 09:10:58 PM by Badger »

WTF is wrong with these people.  Good God, this is sad and embarrassing.  I hope they all wind up in jail.

Dude, this is your party. You tell me.

Are you under the impression that I somehow control the actions of these people because I'm a registered Republican in Johnson County, IA and vote in its caucuses and primaries?

you are a member of the party which the vast majority of its Congressional and Senate Members, Plus numerous Governor's, attorney general's, and other luminaries at all levels, have actively aided and abetted Trump every minute of The Last 5 Years in causing this to happen.

If any Republican tries to say that the Republican party and what it's become over the last 5 years, as a whole entire entity, doesn't have it fundamental responsibility for this absolute blasphemy towards democracy, you're either a moron, or a moral eunuch.

Or translated: "Why would I leave the GOP? ONLY 80+% of my party voters and elected officials are authoritarian anti-democratic Cult of Personality worshipping Neo brownshirts! I mean, what do you want? Actually vote Democrat instead?"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2021, 06:49:56 PM »

The Tweet was deleted as violating Twitter rules. What did it say?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2021, 06:51:30 PM »

A disgraceful display of impotent, asinine rage. Thanks for proving everything ill word said about you correct and invalidating every legitimate criticism of BLM/Antifa. Every legal punishment should be thrown at these cretins.

Everyone calling for the mass slaughter of these people needs to STFU, though. Jesus. You're not helping.

Why not? This is Gettysburg redeux, man. Convince me otherwise.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2021, 06:56:54 PM »

Omg is this real?

Yeah Mike. That'll show him.

You moral catamite.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2021, 06:59:38 PM »

D.C. police are complicit.

not surprised

Really? I'm dumbfounded. Absolutely shocked.

Like this would have happened for an instant for any antifa Riot or BLM protest.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2021, 07:09:10 PM »

A thousand times this. There is no such thing as a decent Trump supporter and there hasn't been for a long time. They are deplorable scum. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

That's not how this works.

It starts from the top. It starts with a man so deluded that he can't accept defeat, and is willing to propagate dangerous lies to people who know no better than to believe because they've been conditioned to do so.

Everyone had their own reasons for supporting Trump, including myself once upon a time, but the hardcore cultists have been brainwashed. Day in and day out, by media echo chambers, by their elected officials casting doubt on an election outcome and by every single person of influence who cast aside logic and reason to curry favor with people who have been suckered by this cult of personality.

Some of them, I assume, are bad people. But most of them are hopelessly, sadly, deluded by a president who has taught them to redefine reality by his warped standards.

This is the GOP's fault. This is OANN's fault. But to blame every person who cast a vote for Trump is, (and I HATE using this comparison because it's lazy), tantamount to disparaging the character of every person who supported Hitler because they were deluded to believe he was the right thing for their country.

We're not talking about Trump voters views in retrospect. Any Trump voter who doesn't at this point forward regret having voted for him - - I won't even get into the fact that this should have been a parent and a decision made numerous numerous times over the last five years - - deserve every level of scorn and derision that traitors deserve. Likewise, any Republican who doesn't want to see the nearly 200 members of Congress plus whatever Governor's, state representatives, Etc who actively Aid and abet Trump's inciting this attempted coup, is likewise just as guilty.

In short, if today any Trump supporter or Republican who regrets there prior support for Trump, as well as the 98% of Republicans who cuddled and encouraged him, want to see the Republican party truly change, that is really, honestly, and absolutely cleanse itself of trumpism and all the authoritarian anti-democratic Cult of Personality thuggery involved with it, then kudos to them.

Anything short of that, f*** you and the horse you rode in on, traitor.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2021, 07:10:26 PM »

A thousand times this. There is no such thing as a decent Trump supporter and there hasn't been for a long time. They are deplorable scum. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

There's no such thing as a decent Republican, even if they believe themselves to be a 'Never Trump' Republican. The entire party is complicit by this point, there's no supporting any Republican without supporting Trumpism. These people don't have to become lefties and liberals, but no matter your political outlook, you can't have a shred of decency and still believe you can find a home in the Republican party.

I will disagree and say that the true never trumper's like George will, David from, and to a lesser extent even Mitt Romney, all deserve praise.

But let's not forget, that faction of the party is literally barely 10%, if that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2021, 07:12:49 PM »

Defund the Police.

They were outnumbered, and wanted to go home to their families. It's the same reason they had to stand by and let mobs of looters pic department stores clean rather than trying to arrest a mob that outnumbered them 10 to 1.

There's a time and a place in law enforcement for hard overwhelming force. And I genuinely hope it comes in the next hour or two
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »

F*** you Josh! DIAF!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2021, 07:26:58 PM »

It's beyond time for the Republican Party to grow the fck up. We all deserve so much better.

Physician, heal thyself.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2021, 07:27:52 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.

Hopefully this is the pathetic end of something, and not the beginning.

I'm really worried for the Inauguration. They need to check security guidelines.

The inauguration needs to be 100% closed to the public.

I've never said this phrase before, but if so, the terrorists win.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2021, 07:31:59 PM »

It’s actually kinda cathartic to see the tear gas and flashbangs come out now.

They didn't just storm of building. They stormed active full session of Congress and all its members and staff in an active organized effort to disrupt the formal election of a new president.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2021, 07:36:22 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 10:03:56 PM by Badger »

Probably a naïve hope, but I really hope a slew of Republicans come forward and denounce this on a MUCH deeper level than the violence.  It HAS to be recognized that Donald Trump, in a position of almost unlimited power and influence, has literally encouraged this type of despicable behavior.  If I'm a Republican politician, I'm frankly no longer worried about the "Trumpist base" primarying me or whatever.  This is beyond the pale.  If you are worried about having to explain why you condemned THIS of all things in 2-4 years, you're insane.

Excellently put, Tom. Bravo!

However, the cynic in me feels compelled to point out that your viewpoint is nothing more than a small minority within the GOP, Nor would that substantially change even after today. More than enough Republicans will gladly shrug their shoulders and say gee what did this really have to do with the Republican party as a whole, and some will even say it really wasn't all about Trump. The fact that eighty to ninety percent of Republicans, from local voters right up to Governors and members of Congress, actively coddled, encourage, and aided and abetted Trump throughout five years of trying to literally tear down democracy at every point, arguably makes that party functionally irredeemable. I would love to be proven wrong, but after tomorrow there'll be some Converts like you, but a substantial probability of not majority active trumpist base, and another huge chunk who wanted write it off as simply being all about Trump while forgetting about how the entire party pretty much universally back him every step of the path we got to today.

No, as always, given a choice between supporting democracy and power, the vast majority of conservatives will throw democracy under the bus to gain and maintain power every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2021, 07:42:38 PM »

Trump should not be impeached or removed from office. That would turn him into a martyr and further radicalized his supporters.

Hell no. He already is a martyr to the liberal media, liberal Judges, mean old Democrats, etc etc etc blah blah blah. Impeaching him now and unconditionally notwithstanding his administration having barely two weeks left is the only way to establish for history that this was and forever shall be wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

If the rule of law is going to mean a damned thing after today, he needs to go without even waiting for Inauguration Day.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2021, 08:17:30 PM »

I'm unfortunately not convinced that she would have been held hostage for long.

Apparently they broke into her office, which is heavily fortified, and rebel to take pictures of themselves sitting in her chair.

13 arrests. 13 piddly ass mother f****** arrests.

I'm beginning to feel like the bad guys won today. They probably certainly feel empowered
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2021, 08:30:50 PM »

My God....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2021, 08:32:52 PM »

No, you're amazing.

She can vote to impeach Trump or all she’s doing is blowing smoke out her ass.

She will. She's a saneTM Republican  Purple heart

Um, not to derail This Thread, but isn't she like a first-class homophobe?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2021, 08:34:29 PM »

I'm completely embarrassed.  We need Christ so badly!

God helps those who help themselves.

Physician, heal thyself.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2021, 08:36:41 PM »

I'm completely embarrassed.  We need Christ so badly!

No, Christ worshipping is what got us this.  You people never learn.  Ever.

Not true. Please do not lump those of us who are not modern-day Pharisees calling themselves Christians for the benefit of political power.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies