FT 2-03: Commonwealth Police (Procurement Restrictions) Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:11:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 2-03: Commonwealth Police (Procurement Restrictions) Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 2-03: Commonwealth Police (Procurement Restrictions) Act (Passed)  (Read 839 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: May 07, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »

Wow! She went into incredible detail when explaining "Military Equipment"! She even used the technical terms!
Yes, clearly Atlasia needs less activity and more obscure legal jargon. Roll Eyes

Anyways, I of course support the demilitarization of our police divisions. It is not by accident that the police and armed services exist independently of each other; the mission and role of these institutions in maintaining the integrity of the republic is separate and distinct, and it strikes me as bad precedent to confuse the two by arming one with the tools of the other. If a situation should arise in which extreme force is necessary to uphold the rule of law, we can send in the National Guard; otherwise, I see no reason for police units to be outfitted with military-grade technology. I would suggest the House amend the title of this bill to something less incendiary (also, we're technically the Commonwealth of Fremont, but that's a small point).
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:05:31 PM »

The government sustains the amendment proposed by the honorable Speaker.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »

While sympathetic to the concerns raised regarding specificity, I don't really feel comfortable offering an amendment myself, military technology being well outside my field of expertise. I would also remind the House of the common understanding that Atlasia is a game played by amateurs; the federal Congress has in the past adopted legislation far less detailed than this, according to the members knowledge in the area. I don't think the generality of Section 2(a) ought to be cause to defeat this bill, but regardless, action need to be taken; either an amendment proposed, or movement toward a final vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:48:58 PM »

Aye.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:16:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies