Regional Senate Partnership Amendment [failed to pass] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:32:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Senate Partnership Amendment [failed to pass] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Senate Partnership Amendment [failed to pass]  (Read 3370 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: April 14, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »

No thanks. I like regional Senate elections just fine.
Regional Senate elections would still exist. Regions could just combine their elections, which could quite possibly create more interesting and suspenseful elections. Or, we can continue down the same boring path we've been taking for months...

Really? Three out of the five regional elections last time were very close and interesting.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »

Regional Senate elections would still exist. Regions could just combine their elections, which could quite possibly create more interesting and suspenseful elections. Or, we can continue down the same boring path we've been taking for months...

Really? Three out of the five regional elections last time were very close and interesting.
I beg to differ. The Southeast and Pacific were never even remotely interesting. The Mideast had some drama early, but ended up being a landslide victory. While the Midwest appeared close, I don't think many people expected it to go the other way, simply based on the fact that liberals outnumber conservatives in the region, and the conservative candidate had the numbers to get close, but not to win. The Northeast was the only exciting race in this election, as the results suprised a lot of people. A combination, for example, of the Midwest and Pacific could have created a much more interesting race than the two regions individually.

I came within two votes of Hans, and the Mideast race, while not close, was certainly interesting to watch.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:18:54 PM »

Presumably this is directed at people who aren't blind reactionaries.

Ah yes, I forgot the definition of reactionary.

Reactionary, n.: 1. Somebody who disagrees with Xahar.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »

Fake regionalist. It's becoming more and more clear regional rights is a brand name, and not a genuine ideology, as you only seem to support the "rights" of the regions that you like.

Regionalists don't support arbitrary increases in regional power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies