BREAKING: DOMA UNCONSTITUTIONAL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:32:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: DOMA UNCONSTITUTIONAL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: DOMA UNCONSTITUTIONAL  (Read 9297 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 26, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »

CNN is interviewing someone from the Family Research Council.  His logic absolutely escapes me.  I want to see some thoughts from these guys who took up residence in front of the Court for the last few days.

Conservative tears always quench my proverbial thirst. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »

Plaintiffs are now running the media circuit.  A bit sensationalist, but certainly understood and it seems like they did a great job making their case. 

Fox isn't even covering this... if you still weren't convinced that they are NOT, in fact, a news organization. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:20 AM »

I'm pretty disgusted by the "states rights" defense of unequal marriage laws. Gays in Alabama shouldn't have unequal opportunities before the law just because they live in Alabama. I thought we learned this lesson in the aftermath of Brown.

That's the whole insane argument being made by the other side.  Their right to prevent people from being equal is apparently more important than those peoples' right to be equal.  It's a perverse and disgusting argument that the most conservative of America has used time and time again because they simply hate and distrust people who are not like them.  First it was the Catholics, then it was the blacks, then it was the gays... and it'll go on and on and on.  Great thing is that they lose every time.  

I wonder who's next?  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies