RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:47:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 61432 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« on: February 08, 2017, 11:49:20 AM »

Anybody have New Hampshire or Maine?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:05:13 PM »

Interesting that massive swing toward the Republicans in southern Bristol County. I always figured that area to be staunchly democratic especially in Fall River and New Bedford. Also the big swing to the Democrats in Northern Bristol. Cant help but notice my old hometown of Braintree having crazy swings both ways, toward the Republicans in the Hayward Street area in the north of town, and to the Dems on the West and in the Highlands (south)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:07:28 PM »

The pro-D swing in my area honestly baffles me for some reason (even though it shouldn't).
I was most surprised by the south shore corner of Hingham, Norwell, Cohasset, and Scituate. Those are all usually heavily republican in governor and senate races. Western Norfolk County also took me by surprise since thats usually extremely republican
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »

I am *floored* that South Boston not only didn't swing hard to Trump, it actually swung hard to *Clinton*.

The rest is pretty unsurprising.

Most of my family still lives in Southie. Unfortunately its not Whitey Bulger's town of working class Irish any more, the yuppie infestation is pretty severe there
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »

Interesting that massive swing toward the Republicans in southern Bristol County. I always figured that area to be staunchly democratic especially in Fall River and New Bedford. Also the big swing to the Democrats in Northern Bristol. Cant help but notice my old hometown of Braintree having crazy swings both ways, toward the Republicans in the Hayward Street area in the north of town, and to the Dems on the West and in the Highlands (south)

Portuguese Americans were a bit late to follow Italian americans in swinging to the GOP. Trump managed to make many of them switch from lean democrat to lean republican in 2016.
Wouldn't call the population "lean Republican". Still voted largely for Hillary Clinton and they remain staunchly Democratic downballot.

Down ballot races in Mass can be misleading. The republicans rarely put up congressional candidates let alone a credible one. But I was amazed. To see Hillary only got 58 and 62 in Fall River and New Bedford compared to them being over 70 for Obama both times
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 10:02:01 PM »

Colorado is interesting. What is the huge red area west of Denver?

I think you are referring to ski country - Aspen, Vail, Eagle, etc.

And Boulder. Cant forget that. Cambridge in the Rockies
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies